No announcement yet.

2K17: Offseason Transactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am interested in hearing what others think of the smyly deal. My perspective is that the Rays didn't get enough. With so many teams in need of pitching I would have thought Smyly was worth more.

Comment

• I don't even know who wins that deal. Seems like a very light return for the Rays. Seems like if the Braves knew Mallex was so valuable, they would have gotten more from DiPoto. Seems like I'm kind of excited about Smyly in Safeco, but is Safeco really any different than the Trop?

SEA gets Smyly for Gohara and flotsam

Comment

• Wasn't Smith just released from his Winter League team after sporting a putrid stat line? And were the Braves really that high on him after signing Inciarte?

I know we have some time left, but I feel like at this point, if the Rays had gotten better offers, they would have taken them.

Comment

• I had heard that Smith was likely to start the year in AAA. He did have an awful run in the Winter League but supposedly maybe tied to an injury? Gohara is a very solid prospect, and Smyly is obviously a good pitcher, so I think Smith must be pretty highly valued.

That said, the Rays have Kiermaier in CF, so either Smith is a fourth outfielder or they're going to put him in a corner. Neither Dickerson nor Souza were all that great last year...
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• I like the deal for the Mariners. They didn't give much at all for Smyly, who is definitely worth the gamble at that price.

Comment

• Oh, and I'd forgotten that the Rays also signed Colby Rasmus. No idea what's going on there.
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                And then the Mariners promptly ship Mallex along with INF Carlos Vargas and LHP Ryan Yarbrough to Tampa Bay for Drew Smyly.
                If it wasn't for Jerry DiPoto, we'd all have slept through this hot stove season.

Comment

• Either starting pitching is over valued in the media and under valued by teams or this is an awful deal for the Rays.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    If it wasn't for Jerry DiPoto, we'd all have slept through this hot stove season.
                    It's like watching the baseball version of Kaizen.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• The Rangers have reportedly signed Tyson Ross to a one year deal for $6M plus incentives.
                      "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
                      "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
                      WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
                      PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

• Atlanta traded cash or a PTNL to the Dodgers for Micah Johnson.
                        "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
                        WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
                        PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          There have been so many I'm going to post a new thread to keep track.

Comment

• Arizona signed c Chris Iannetta to a one year deal.

Comment

• Bautista returning to Toronto
                              Michael Saunders going to Philly

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                                Michael Saunders going to Philly
                                Ha. I remember being bummed when we didn't get him in the Cliff Lee trade with Seattle.
                                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X