X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K17: Offseason Transactions

Let the fun begin!

Reds DFA John Lamb

Shields chooses NOT to opt out of his contract. What fun!
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Cespedes will choose to opt out of his deal...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

John Lamb traded to TB

Nori Aoki claimed off waivers by HOU

options declined-- Matt Holliday, Chris Iannetta, Matt Albers, Coco Crisp, Jordan Walden

Comment

As expected the Phillies declined the $23 million option on Ryan Howard. Charlie Morton also had his option declined (who cares).
          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Cleveland signed Tito through 2020

And picked up the option on Carlos Santana
            Last edited by hacko; 11-04-2016, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
              As expected the Phillies declined the $23 million option on Ryan Howard.
              Wow, that's got to be humbling - $25 million in 2016, hustling for a bench job as a non-roster invitee in 2017. I think I'd just retire and sleep on my piles of money.
              "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
              "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Maybin to the Angels for Alacantara
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Dodgers traded Carlos Ruiz to Seattle for Vidal Nuno
                  Astros traded Pat Neshek to Philly for cash

Comment

D'Backs hired Torey Lovullo as manager and fired coaches Matt Williams and Mark Grace.

Rockies hired Bud Black as manager.

Comment

RA Dickey signs with the Braves. 1 year deal with a club option.
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Braves continue the youth movement and sign Bartolo Colon to a 1-year deal.

Comment

Dodgers trade Howie Kendrick to the Phillies for Darin Ruf and Darnell Sweeney

Blue Jays sign Kendrys Morales to a 3-yr deal, likely ending the tenure of Edwin Encarnacion.

Angels sign Jesse Chavez to a 1-year deal, and he will likely join the rotation.

Comment

A's trade Danny Valencia to the Mariners for minor league pitcher Paul Blackburn.

Comment

Jeremy Hellickson will accept the Phillies QO.

Comment

Working...
                              X