Jose Fernandez - RIP (confirmed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    He was under the legal limit for alcohol. I don't know how to judge how much coke that is, although it seems like a small amoount. I' guessing both amounts are well within what he is used to, and that he had them in his system while boating probably speak more to his risk-taking state of mind, which led to the tragedy, more than the chemical impairment they had on him.
    Fernandez BAL was 0.14 which is almost twice the legal limit. Not that it makes much difference since they have not determined who was operating the boat and I doubt that it was Jose who was driving.

I do find it strange that a MLB player would be out at 3am on the water with .14 BAL and coke in his system and he was in line to start against the Mets in less than 2 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      had cocaine & booze in him at time of death

http://media.local10.com/document_de...808_ver1.0.pdf
      And looks like he had more things "detected" than "undetected." Not sure what all the other drugs are, though.

Comment

They'er mostly secondary traces of cocaine I think. I only looked up the first one, the benzoylecgonate, and that's what it is.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
          They'er mostly secondary traces of cocaine I think. I only looked up the first one, the benzoylecgonate, and that's what it is.
          Yeah, a couple are compounds produced when alcohol and cocaine mix in the liver, it looks like.

Comment

Jose Fernandez was piloting the boat according to investigators.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aign=editorial

"Fernandez operated the [vessel] with his normal faculties impaired, in a reckless manner, in the darkness of night, in an area with known navigational hazards such as the rock jetties and channel markers," the report noted.

The report stated the watercraft was traveling in excess of 65 miles an hour when it struck a rock jetty near Miami Beach, Florida, on Sept. 25, killing all three people on board.

David Ovalle and Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald previously reported relatives of both Macias and Rivero have filed wrongful death lawsuits against the Fernandez estate in Miami-Dade circuit court on the grounds he "owed his passengers a reasonable degree of care."
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

none of us wanted this to be the most accurate post in the thread last fall, nor was it intended to be:

"So awful, reminds me of when I heard the new of Oscar Taveras"
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
              X