Jose Fernandez - RIP (confirmed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Fernandez - RIP (confirmed)

I thought the initial tweet may be a hack, but for another media person to verify is scary.

and another - https://twitter.com/DavidDwork/statu...24663124475904

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2016/09/25...itter_CBSMIAMI refers to an overnight boat crash in Miami killing 3

Comment

confirmed by beat writer - https://twitter.com/clarkspencer/sta...29682351681544

Comment

What horrific news to wake up to. Unbelievably tragic.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

i am totally shaken right now. My son just started pitching for his little league team and I call him Jose Fernandez all the time. This is devastating.

Comment

Jose led me to one championship and the verge of another.

This feels like when Joe Delany died suddenly. That won't mean much to non-Chiefs fans, but it was like a gut punch.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Ugh, that's so awful. What a talent. How sad that we'll never know how great he could have been.
              "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
              "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Holy shit. I'm stunned.

There's nothing more tragic when a top athlete dies in his prime. And this guy was a Hall of Fame talent. What a loss for his family, his team, and the fans. RIP Jose.

Comment

Just 24 years old. Such a tremendous loss of potential, on and off the field.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                    Jose led me to one championship and the verge of another.

This feels like when Joe Delany died suddenly. That won't mean much to non-Chiefs fans, but it was like a gut punch.

J
                    Delaney died by drowning as he tried to save three children from the same fate. he was a true hero, not just an athlete.

it's awful that Fernandez died, obviously, but it's extremely likely you are selling Delaney short here with the comparison. granted, you are talking about the news of his death, and not the circumstances. I just think Delaney is on another plane from most athletes who die young, and I'd like to keep him there.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

As you all might know I am EXTREMELY superstitious when it comes to fantasy baseball. Since this is my last week of doing fantasy baseball i decided to post the following on my league message board yesterday:

"Fuck the Fantasy baseball gods. "There I said it! Lets see how much worse my team does since I cursed the fucking fantasy gods!!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha"

Guess who owns JoFer in my League.....
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        As you all might know I am EXTREMELY superstitious when it comes to fantasy baseball. Since this is my last week of doing fantasy baseball i decided to post the following on my league message board yesterday:

"Fuck the Fantasy baseball gods. "There I said it! Lets see how much worse my team does since I cursed the fucking fantasy gods!!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha"

Guess who owns JoFer in my League.....
                        You just need to shut the fuck up and crawl away now...it really doesn't get anymore stupid or selfish than this.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          You just need to shut the fuck up and crawl away now...it really doesn't get anymore stupid or selfish than this.
                          I believe you guys misinterpreted my post. it freaked me out. I meant no disrespect. geez guys.

I mean sure I rag on baseball players for sucking, but his loss is a horrible for his family and friends. I was just weirded out that this happened. And another guy in my league texted me about it.
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            I believe you guys misinterpreted my post. it freaked me out. I meant no disrespect. geez guys.
                            It was nothing BUT disrespect, you made it all about you, nothing about the tragedy of 3 young people losing their lives.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Enough of that bullshit, back to focusing on Jose and his friends...

Reading that the jetty had no lights on it...is that really a thing down in Florida? If so, maybe some good might come out of it by installing safety measures that literally so simple it could be done in no time at all.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                              X