• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eldiablo505
    Batting practice pitcher?
    Ulbaldo Jimenez.

Comment

Chris Sale scratched from his start tonight......................

edit: False alarm......he has a cold.

edit: conflicting reports now........clubhouse incident?.........illness?.........trade?
      Last edited by madducks; 07-23-2016, 06:14 PM.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        The $17m for next season is the last year of the contract. If the guy keeps hitting like he is now, heck, that's almost a bargain! Certainly much better than taking on a $13m batting practice pitcher.
        I'm hearing it's Ubaldo and a top prospect. Trade opens up a roster spot for Renfroe/Dickerson to show what they have. Padres also save a few million over the life of both contracts.

Man if this goes down, the Pads are shooting for a top 5 pick in the next 2 drafts.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Yeah, weird indeed...a buddy just texted me and said he heard to BOS for Buchholz and prospects.

Chris Sale was scratched from his scheduled start Saturday night against the Tigers because of a pregame "clubhouse incident." Sale was sent home from U.S. Cellular Field and the White Sox will start Matt Albers instead. Via a statement from the White Sox: "The incident, which was non-physical in nature, currently is under further investigation by the club. The White Sox will have no additional comment until the investigation is completed." Odd stuff.
          12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
          1B-Cron
          2B- Villar
          SS- Andrus
          3B-Baez
          MI-L. Gurriel
          CI- Y.Gurriel
          OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
          UTIL- Benintendi
          BENCH: Pence, Dyson
          SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
          RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
          IL: Buxton

Comment

Tigers are interested in Cashier.

Comment

ESPN's Jerry Crasnick hears the Chris Sale clubhouse incident was with front office staff.
              Crasnick says the incident began with something "silly" and blew up into a bigger argument. It did not get physical, per a press release from the club, but the words exchanged were serious enough to cause the White Sox to scratch their ace from his scheduled start Saturday night against the Tigers. Matt Albers is going to take the mound instead versus Detroit.
              Source: Jerry Crasnick on Twitter via rotoworld
              Jul 23 - 7:24 PM
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                Yeah, weird indeed...a buddy just texted me and said he heard to BOS for Buchholz and prospects.

Chris Sale was scratched from his scheduled start Saturday night against the Tigers because of a pregame "clubhouse incident." Sale was sent home from U.S. Cellular Field and the White Sox will start Matt Albers instead. Via a statement from the White Sox: "The incident, which was non-physical in nature, currently is under further investigation by the club. The White Sox will have no additional comment until the investigation is completed." Odd stuff.
                With Sale's discontent, if Boston is willing to put Moncada in that multi-prospect deal--that may be an offer they can't refuse. Moncada is a top 3 prospect and a strong case could be made for the top prospect (I'd put Bregman ahead of him personally). He is a hell of a centerpiece deal that would also net them several other quality prospects.

Comment

I don't see Boston putting Moncada in any deal...he is, by far, the best prospect in the game. His speed is off the charts, his power is developing, his hit tool is terrific, and he can play the middle infield. I like Bregman, a lot, but he's not the player that Moncada is, IMO. Sale is a knucklehead, apparently this latest incident is about his refusal to wear the throwback jersey...he also blew up over the LaRoche family affair in spring training.

Also, Baltimore doesn't have any top prospects...
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Rumor is Sale thought the throwback units sucked, was vocal about it, got into it with someone, ended up pulling out a knife or scissors and cutting up his uniform while ranting about WS management.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

This rumor strikes me as both dubious and hilarious. I hope it's true. The first version I heard was that Sale went apeshit and cut up ALL the throwback jerseys, lol.
                      I'm far from a fashionista, but he'd have done the league AND his teammates a favor had he cut them all up.

It's bizarre in any case, but I agree the WS don't deal him for anything other than a kings ransom.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

The story about Sale cutting up every Jersey sounds like it's true, they actually switched to a different throwback uni tonight.

Plus, the White Sox better get a TON in return, Sale has an outstanding contract that runs out through 2019...it's incredibly cheap.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Yeah, how do you possibly trade Sale without a Moncada, a Urias, a Giolito? And then you still have to add several more massive pieces on top of it. The Rangers could put together something around Gallo and Mazara and make some noise, too.
                          Rumor has the WS wanting Profar, Gallo, and Mazara, with the rangers wanting to keep mazara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            Rumor has the WS wanting Profar, Gallo, and Mazara, with the rangers wanting to keep mazara.
                            I think that the Rangers would be crazy NOT to do this deal...get another piece back from the Sox and call it good. Can you imagine a healthy Darvish and Sale going into the playoffs as a 1-2 punch?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              I think that the Rangers would be crazy NOT to do this deal...get another piece back from the Sox and call it good. Can you imagine a healthy Darvish and Sale going into the playoffs as a 1-2 punch?
                              And Hamels!

Comment

Yeah, how do you possibly trade Sale without a Moncada, a Urias, a Giolito? And then you still have to add several more massive pieces on top of it. The Rangers could put together something around Gallo and Mazara and make some noise, too.
                                If the BoSox offered some combo of Benintendi/Devers/marrero/Brian Johnson/Kopech that might get something done. But if I'm ChiSox I insist on Moncada.
                                12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                                1B-Cron
                                2B- Villar
                                SS- Andrus
                                3B-Baez
                                MI-L. Gurriel
                                CI- Y.Gurriel
                                OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                                UTIL- Benintendi
                                BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                                SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                                RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                                IL: Buxton

Comment

Working...
                                X