2016 Trade Deadline Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Trade Deadline Thread

One of my favorite RJ past times is refreshing the activity stream to see trades like the Pomeranz one last night come thru. If you hear a juicy rumor, why not post them here

Here's one: The Marlins are decidedly buyers heading into the deadline and are said to be in on all of the decent pitching options (Pomeranz, Odorizzi, Hill)...the problem is their farm system is pretty much garbage. Not sure how it will work out, but rest assured the Marlins want an SP (preferably a RHP considering they already have Chen and Conley).

There was a rumor that spread yesterday because the person who tweeted it is supposedly a contributor to the Rangers on FS1, but it was debunked shortly thereafter -- she tweeted Gallo was going to the Yanks for Miller & Nova.

Comment

Mets rumored to be looking at Jeremy Jeffress and Will Smith

Yanks & Pirates reportedly talking about a Nate Eovaldi deal

Rays & Rangers are discussing a deal that would send either Matt Moore or Jake Odorizzi to Texas

Comment

Rangers also reportedly targeting Cashner.
        12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
        1B-Cron
        2B- Villar
        SS- Andrus
        3B-Baez
        MI-L. Gurriel
        CI- Y.Gurriel
        OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
        UTIL- Benintendi
        BENCH: Pence, Dyson
        SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
        RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
        IL: Buxton

Comment

Tigers looking at Smyly
          One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Originally posted by cool hand View Post
            Tigers looking at Smyly
            Tigers will be buyers only because they have spent sooooo much money they feel they have no choice but to continue. They need another starter and another good arm in the bullpen. If the Tigers can buy low great on Smyly but he not a FA until 2019.

Comment

Tweet from Jayson Stark:
              "Exec from team that's been talking with the Rays says he sees such a good fit with Dodgers, places odds at "70 pct" Chris Archer lands in LA"

Comment

Any word on CarGo getting dealt? He loses a lot if luster if dealt.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  Any word on CarGo getting dealt? He loses a lot if luster if dealt.
                  His BA will drop, but his HR power will play anywhere.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Yanks & Pirates reportedly talking about a Nate Eovaldi deal
                    Just what the Pirates need. Another starting pitcher. They only have about 8 of them already. That sounds like something they would do too. Keep their top pitching prospects in AAA so they can add another journeyman.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Just what the Pirates need. Another starting pitcher. They only have about 8 of them already. That sounds like something they would do too. Keep their top pitching prospects in AAA so they can add another journeyman.
                      The talk on sports radio suggests that Eovaldi could transition to a late inning reliever since Melancon will not be signed.

Comment

His BA will drop, but his HR power will play anywhere.
                        Have you looked at his away numbers?
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          Have you looked at his away numbers?
                          I look at more than just the current season.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
                            The talk on sports radio suggests that Eovaldi could transition to a late inning reliever since Melancon will not be signed.
                            Once everyone gets healthy, the Pirates are going to need several starters to transition to relief. Or maybe they have some DFAs planned that i don't know about.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I look at more than just the current season.
                              Oh, he meant just from the last week.

Comment

Working...
                              X