Shandler's new format - "Rotisserie 500"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by netboy47 View Post
    Neither ESPN or Yahoo can handle two of the categories: Runs Produced and SV+HLD-BS. And looking at CBS, it appears that they can't handle it either. OnRoto has Runs Produced but not SV+HLD-BS, but from what everyone has said on this site, they'll customize to fit the exact needs of the league. However, it costs $100.

For free on ESPN, we could substitute OPS or Total Bases for Runs Produced and replace SV+HLD-BS with SV+HLD. ESPN also has Bill James' Runs Created as a category, but that might be hard to quantify.

Thoughts?
    I'd be fine with this which I think ESPN could handle. I don't think this detracts too much from the Shandler format (Runs being more correlated with PT while RBI are more correlated with HR, and BS being equal for both closers and setup guys).

-Mixed League
    -4x4 Stat categories:
    * Home Runs
    * Stolen Bases
    * On Base Percentage
    * Runs
    * Wins
    * Strikeouts
    * Earned Run Average
    * (Saves + Holds)

I can help out with some of the commish stuff too. My biggest concern is that I don't know how FAAB and salaries will be handled. Can ESPN handle that? I know Yahoo can't. If we have to pay for CBS I don't really mind, but that would be like $10-$15 a person. Though if I refer someone who starts a new CBS league, I get a $100 credit that I could kick back, so it would be something like $90.

Comment

Long time listener, once in a while caller...

Give me a couple of days, I may be able to get this endeavor sponsored. I will be in touch with your fearless leader.
      Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Sponsored?

We'll fill up to 15 or 16 teams in about 40 seconds!!

Comment

Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
          -Who's In

1. joncarlos
          2. TopChuckie
          3. wannabegriffey
          4. BigJonEmpire
          5. mjl
          6. mgwiz22
          7. laron
          8. SPF?
          9. Piney Boy (Sorry I missed Piney Boy's show of interest.)
          10. ThatRogue
          11. Flyman?
          12. Hawks Nest
          13. netboy47
          14. BuckyBuckner
          15. ???
          16. ???

Ok, if all the guys who were interested a few weeks ago are still interested, and all the question marks are in, then we have 12...?
          We still need re-confirmation from BigJonEmpire, SPF, and Flyman.

And I'm good with the stats as jc laid out.
          Last edited by TopChuckie; 03-10-2011, 07:28 AM.
          Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

right, yeah, I'm still in.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Wow. I haven't been reading this thread lately and had not realized that I said I would be involved, but sure I'll do it. When is it? I will have to read everything that was written and prepare.

How do I access the price list?
              Last edited by mgwiz22; 03-09-2011, 07:06 PM. Reason: additional question

Comment

I found the list.

Comment

I know the league and format are still in the works. What will the entry fee be and how many places will collect. Thanks for the effort!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawks Nest View Post
                    I know the league and format are still in the works. What will the entry fee be and how many places will collect. Thanks for the effort!
                    I think we'll wait until we have all the entries confirmed and then make those decisions, plus we have to see what Todd's teasing us with.

I have two drafts on 3/20, and ThatRogue has one on 4/2. So far those dates are out. I prefer drafts before the season starts, but if we have to hold off until the first weekend after opening day, so be it I guess. Or we could have it on a week night or two.
                    Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I am not necessarily envisioning prizes, just enough to cover the stat service, but I guess if everyone wants to kick in $10 for prizes that's ok. It's more about trying the format

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          I am not necessarily envisioning prizes, just enough to cover the stat service, but I guess if everyone wants to kick in $10 for prizes that's ok. It's more about trying the format
                          Agreed.

Comment

Long story short is I told Ron Shandler I would hunt around for a stat service that can handle this, and if what I hope comes through, I can work out an exchange with them and we can get the leagues comped. I included this one on the request.

If anyone wants the official rules that Ron sent us, let me know and I can forward.
                            Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
                              Long story short is I told Ron Shandler I would hunt around for a stat service that can handle this, and if what I hope comes through, I can work out an exchange with them and we can get the leagues comped. I included this one on the request.

If anyone wants the official rules that Ron sent us, let me know and I can forward.
                              I'd like to see the rules (and the list of dollar values if you have that). Thanks

Have you looked at onroto for the stat service? They are very customizable.
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post

Is the set of rules you have the same as what is in the forecaster?

And thanks for making the effort, hopefully we get to give this format a shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X