Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("Pre-BA Top 100" Version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
    rhd, any thoughts on MLB arrival for Ozzie Albies? He slayed in spring training and looks great.
    Thanx as always for the response, Sharky.

I expect Albies to be up w the big club sometime later this yr. Probably not until at least Aug or Sept. That's saying something since he's only 19 and hasnt played above Lo-A. An injury or struggles by the current MLBers could change things but I wouldnt expect much contribution, if any, from him this yr roto-wise. Still, he's a good guy to stash for next yr and beyond if you have room.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
      Thanx as always for the response, Sharky.

I expect Albies to be up w the big club sometime later this yr. Probably not until at least Aug or Sept. That's saying something since he's only 19 and hasnt played above Lo-A. An injury or struggles by the current MLBers could change things but I wouldnt expect much contribution, if any, from him this yr roto-wise. Still, he's a good guy to stash for next yr and beyond if you have room.
      Thanks rhd. Trying to decide between Albies, Rodgers, and Robles in an NL (non dynasty) league with small roster for minor leaguers. Is it clear that Albies reaches the majors far before the other two? Is there that big a difference between the three?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
        Thanks rhd. Trying to decide between Albies, Rodgers, and Robles in an NL (non dynasty) league with small roster for minor leaguers. Is it clear that Albies reaches the majors far before the other two? Is there that big a difference between the three?
        No, not clear at all. Rodgers might not take much time to reach MLB and actually is older than Albies. But I wouldnt expect him in MLB at all until at least 2017. If they hold back Albies until next year, they might be up around the same time. That said, I still expect Albies to come up first. Robles might have the highest upside but also more risk. I'd take them in the order I have them, so I'd grab Rodgers. But you cant go too wrong w any of the 3.

Comment

Albies up this year?! That seems positively insane for a kid who just turned 19 and hasn't played above Lo-A, especially for a team that has no reason to rush him.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
            Albies up this year?! That seems positively insane for a kid who just turned 19 and hasn't played above Lo-A, especially for a team that has no reason to rush him.
            I agree. It seems the Albies to the majors early thing started cropping up all over the place a few weeks ago when after a good stretch of spring games, someone within the Braves organization mentioned that "hey, Andruw Jones was brought to the majors when he was 19" or something to that affect. While that's true, it still seems really unlikely that Albies is in the majors for good before 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
              Just checked out 2015 minor league SB leaders, looking at their ages and K rate as well as proxies for "do they have a chance?"

This guy popped: CF Randy (Rodriguez) Ventura, 18 y.o., 231 AB in DSL, just 27 Ks, and 55 SB. 0 HR and just 11 2B; must be complete slap hitter. But that contact rate and speed...yum... Is he in your top 300? Not sure where to go to see whether he signed for any kind of money, another indicator of potential.
              Today, BA posted their Top 20 DSL/VSL prospects. Ventura wsnt on it. In fact, I think only 2 guys listed are on my list, both pretty far down. Generally, I dont think these guys are worth much attention until they start playing in the States.

BTW, I plan to post a new list this week.

Comment

Working...
              X