2015 Idle Hands Farm Draft tracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mendoza_Line View Post
    Some raft of players you took there. Stacked in the farm!
    right? It's an interesting strategy... if 1/2 - 2/3 of those guys pan out, and all come up right around the same time, his team could be dominant for 2-4 years.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

thanks for doing this
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Mendoza_Line View Post
        Some raft of players you took there. Stacked in the farm!
        I was hoping a few other guys would slide down to me but, but I'm happy for the most part. There were about 5 or 10 guys I could have taken at pick 18, still some good prospects left.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Took Swanson... bastard better sign. I lost my pick in PONY last year when Aiken didn't sign.

Comment

Will there be a time limit set today? We seem to be going very slowly.

Comment

I did a soft rebuild, holding all the major league guys I thought were already at good value and young, while jettison off the overpriced pieces. With picks 2, 9, 10, 23 I didnt go as farm crazy as much as Scissors but positioned myself with JP Crawford, Trea Turner, M Conforto, Aaron Judge, all hitters we will see next year while holding or acquiring the young studs like J Upton and M Stanton, or a $1 Daniel Norris, $5 Vogt. We are in a strange league shape, 16 tm mixed with 5 bench, 8 farm is pretty shallow when comping it to my standard 12 tm single, so I am not sure how that will play out with future inflation and the bell curve of where the bucks should go relative to what is fungible to keepable.

Comment

2.27 Yadier Alvarez

Comment

Raul Adalberto Mondesi SS
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Swanson signed just before the deadline (phew)

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      Congratulations! Now make your pick.
                      Took Nick Gordon.

3 picks, 3 shortstops... not sure this is the best plan.

Comment

The draft is getting more interesting after the first round. Trevor Story and AJ Reed were guys not on my radar, and all the recent draftees/signees are sort of wildcards. When I made my deal with Diablo I was looking at Hoffman/Mondesi/Williams, and they all went within a few picks, Hoffman right before my pick. Wish I had a few more rookie spots, still some guys out there I'd really like to draft. Nola getting promoted, not sure if that helps me or not...
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Super bummed I didn't get Reed. I didn't think he'd go this early.
                          A little embarrassed, but both him and Story I needed to look up who they were. I can see why they got picked...
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Story was an elite prospect, sucked so badly he fell off the prospect map, and has nIow reasserted himself on the scene.
                            I recognized the name, but had no idea about him. Not playing fantasy baseball in 5 years has it's disadvantages. Reed was apparently college player of the year ? Much like Brett Phillips he tore it up at Lancaster
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

My personal take on prospects is that pundits get far too carried away with "tools" and fail to properly emphasize "hitting". I've seen some mashers fall through the cracks that way, much like Paul Goldschmidt (who I drafted in the minors with a mid-late minor league draft pick). I especially think that folks put too much emphasis on speed / stolen bases, which is only a moderately helpful tool in real baseball.
                              From my old league the guy I remember being most surprised by was Votto. If I remember correctly he was good, but fairly old and not ranked that hi on the lists. Below is what Baseball America said in 2005

Weaknesses: Votto�s average bat speed prompted one scout to compare him to Brian Daubach. He can be patient to a fault, passing on pitches he can drive. Outside the batter�s box, he�s still raw as a baserunner and defender.

The Future: While Votto�s upside is debatable, scouts agree he�s a polished hitter who could rush through the minors. Sean Casey�s contract has a club option for 2006, so Votto is a rare Reds prospect who could be pushed. He�ll start this year back at high Class A, where he ended 2004.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

most recent picks:
                                3.44 Nick Gordon SS MIN (Poovey Farms Dairy Cows)
                                3.45 Jose Peraza, 2b, ATL (The Flying Sheep)
                                3.46 Raimel Tapia OF Col (Los Controladores)

due up:
                                3.47 Dottie
                                3.48 Dottie
                                4.49 LosCont
                                4.50 Dottie
                                4.51 LosCont
                                people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Working...
                                X