No announcement yet.

LABR draft tonight at 9p ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was surprised that Chris Davis went for 26. It seems high to me.

Comment

Depends whether you buy in to the fact that he'll be back on ADHD medication this year. Personally, I though $26 was ok fwiw.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
        Depends whether you buy in to the fact that he'll be back on ADHD medication this year. Personally, I though $26 was ok fwiw.
        Yeah, Power is at such a premium now that he's worth at least that much in an only...he hit 26 last year in a horrible season. Chances are his average goes up by a fair amount, and with it, a few more homers as well. Not to mention he's got positional flexibility at 1st and 3rd...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Always fun to watch Doug Dennis draft as no one goes as extreme offense as he does. $20 left for 14 players and not 1 SP bought yet.

Several owners held money for awhile but didn't see this bear fruit like in the AL as the values were never really there. Feel like this happened last year as well in AL LABR.

Comment

I have a beer bet that Doug doesn't exceed $27 with his pitching. All hinges on what he does at 2nd catcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
              I have a beer bet that Doug doesn't exceed $27 with his pitching. All hinges on what he does at 2nd catcher.
              $30

The $6 spent on Carlos Martinez put the nail in the coffin there.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                Always fun to watch Doug Dennis draft as no one goes as extreme offense as he does. $20 left for 14 players and not 1 SP bought yet.

Several owners held money for awhile but didn't see this bear fruit like in the AL as the values were never really there. Feel like this happened last year as well in AL LABR.
                How successful has he been with that strategy?

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbesmonkey View Post
                  How successful has he been with that strategy?
                  I heard him say that he's actually won the league twice. But keep in mind that others are also trying some strange strategy...one team totally punted average, which I can't believe would ever work. They loaded up on speed, buying both Hamilton and Gordon, hoping to deal later when they have an insurmountable lead in steals. The whole problem with doing something like that is yoi may get 15 points for winning the category, but the 2nd place guy gets 14, no matter how far back he is. If you lose a category, you only get one stinkin' point...you have to win a lot of cats to make that up.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'm not basing this on anything other than my own hunch, but I think an extreme little-money-on-pitching strategy would work better in a shallow league, where there will be adequate replacements on the WW if any of your fliers don't pan out, than a deep one. Back when LIMA was new, I might have felt differently about this, but these days everyone worth their salt knows who has the peripherals that could greatly improve their Roto stats.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

AL LABR puzzlers:

- Robbie Grossman for $9? To Eno. What does he see there?
                      - $8 for CJ Cron seems like a little bit of an overpay. Hamilton concerns, I guess.
                      - $10 for Bonifacio
                      - $11 Pompey - how much room for profit is there with that price?
                      - Carlos Santana $28 - OK, I guess people were buying into the 2nd half performance? Seems high, assuming no C eligibility.
                      - Yeah, $30 for Prince is way too much for me.
                      - Reyes $24 seems low compared to Hanley $30. Is it the injury concerns with Reyes? I'd put them closer together.

- $5 for Graveman. Yeesh, that's some optimism, no? Or leftover money?
                      - $8 for Hahn. People like the OAK pitchers I guess. This seems closer to reasonable but still high. Kazmir also went for $8.
                      - $13 for Hughes seems like a good buy
                      Last edited by SlideRule; 03-09-2015, 02:37 PM.

Comment

my AL LABR write-up

Jason Collette analyzes the recent LABR auction and finds few bargains among power hitters as the league-wide drop in home runs is fueling fantasy inflation.

Comment

Derp! Whoever spent 20 on Stroman is SOL.
                          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                            Derp! Whoever spent 20 on Stroman is SOL.
                            that would be Eno Sarris

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                              Good stuff, Jason. Will you be doing one for the NL too? (Please)

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                                Good stuff, Jason. Will you be doing one for the NL too? (Please)
                                I believe someone else on staff will be. I know Mike Gianella put one up today over at BP

Comment

Working...
                                X