• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LABR draft tonight at 9p ET

Follow along live -- http://rtsports.com/labr-mixed

Will be on SiriusXM Fantasy as well

Sporer and I pick 3rd this year. I had to talk him out of taking Kluber

Good stuff and super excited to hear you and Paul back together on Sleeper and the Bust.

Comment

draft or auction ?

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
        draft or auction ?

We're picking 3rd, not bidding 3rd

Comment

Wow. Love your squad so far. Not big on Cishek but he has upside. Tremendous balance so far on many dimensions.

When is the LABR NL?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
            Wow. Love your squad so far. Not big on Cishek but he has upside. Tremendous balance so far on many dimensions.

When is the LABR NL?
            Thanks

LABR NL & AL are in early March - they're live auctions out in Phoenix

Comment

Jason, what are your thoughts on your squad? So many good buys (Melky, Bonifacio, Alcantara etc. given when you got them). Maybe light on SP depth? Hard to find fault. Very impressive job by you two.

I see Erickson's team as biggest threat. Zola did well too. Most others would need some serious breaks in terms of player health to make a run.
              Last edited by Sharky; 02-11-2015, 12:45 AM.

Comment

I agree - solid team!
                I also think the BP fellows did well, though I disagree with some of their picks - Weaver, Neshek, CJ Wilson, a few other late ones.

Comment

Guys who went later than I would have expected: Melky, Werth, Cuddyer, Quintana, Miley, Singleton

Guys who went earlier than I would have expected: Betts (I just don't see him getting 600 PA - give me Pederson eight rounds later any day), Marte, BHamilton, VMart, Blackmon

The BP double-shortstop gambit is interesting. The Rotowire (Erickson) team is very good although they have a ton of downside risk in their starting pitching.
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I like Paul and Jason's team but not a big fan of Gennett/Bonifacio at 2B with Plouffe at 3B, and speculative saves need to pan out. But love, love, love the pitching and most of the hitters. How does Donaldson fall that far?

Comment

Plouffe is bench material and we already have Zinkie bombarding us with trades because he was looking for him late. We got popped at second base in between the long swing of picks and ended up with Gennett as the last best option - definitely wasn't the plan. We couldn't believe Donaldson fell to us...we were on Skype just giddy with excitement as it unfolded.

Comment

We reached for Giles because we feel Papelbon is gone sooner rather than later and the saves total is the only thing keeping Giles out of the top 10 rounds. If he had the role right now, he would have been long gone. Donaldson moving to a stadium that inflates RH pop is going to be very nice for him.

This draft has never really been married to ADP as much as NFBC players are.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                          We reached for Giles because we feel Papelbon is gone sooner rather than later and the saves total is the only thing keeping Giles out of the top 10 rounds. If he had the role right now, he would have been long gone.
                          Hedging a bet that Philly will do the right thing has been a losing proposition (in the past).

Comment

Giles is someone that will be very useful in this format regardless if he closes. And if he doesn't, methinks Jason and Paul will find saves elsewhere.
                            Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Overall, you guys sure appear to have a top 3 team. I hate your middle infield, and I think you'll need to find saves, but it's great elsewhere. I agree with elD that there were some picks made more for press than quality.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                              X