LABR draft tonight at 9p ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eldiablo505
    Well, of course he's useful in pretty much any format (and as far as I can tell this is just a standard format). The real question is: is he more useful than those drafted after him? Because if the answer is no, then value was presumably lost. Would they have been better off going after a higher quality 2B or C or a different closer (like Rodney, for example)? I think the answer is probably yes but if Paps gets traded that equation changes dramatically.
    My point's just that Giles is very useful even if he doesn't close. The rest I'll leave to the boys.
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
      My point's just that Giles is very useful even if he doesn't close. The rest I'll leave to the boys.
      Love the LaRoche, Boxberger, and Peraza picks in particular. Curious what you see in Lind (especially with possibility that Lucroy sees some time at 1B). Thoughts?

Comment

I'll be writing up the draft for a column on Thursday. This is a draft in February - Lind is a fungible pick, I like the park and the lineup up top. In a 15-team league there will be a couple of spots getting platoon AB so I'm not concerned. If he struggles or loses too much time in a platoon I'll jettison him.
        Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Anyone know when NL LABR is?

Comment

According to its Twitter hashtag, both auctions are this weekend: https://twitter.com/hashtag/labr?src=hash

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post
              According to its Twitter hashtag, both auctions are this weekend: https://twitter.com/hashtag/labr?src=hash
              Correct -- one Saturday PM & one Sunday PM

Comment

Anyone else planning to spend their Saturday night following this auction? Link below but personally this is one of my favorite weekends of the pre-season.

AL-LABR

Comment

Originally posted by big tymer View Post
                  anyone else planning to spend their saturday night following this auction? Link below but personally this is one of my favorite weekends of the pre-season.

al-labr
                  yes...

Comment

How does Trout go for $44 but Donaldson $31?! I'm sure inflation will have an effect on my AL-only but these prices seem crazy.

Comment

I did notice that and thought Trout was a bit low, but that seems to happen in expert leagues with no inflation. I haven't reviewed the results in detail - any other interesting prices or buys?

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                        I did notice that and thought Trout was a bit low, but that seems to happen in expert leagues with no inflation. I haven't reviewed the results in detail - any other interesting prices or buys?
                        Reyes at $24 caught my eye; that's lower than just about everywhere I've seen him pegged. Ianetta at 9 in the first round was pure madness, IMO.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'm surprised Singleton and J.Smith went for $1. Gose 3 could be a steal.

Fielder 30
                          Beltre 29
                          Hanley 30
                          Springer 29
                          Stroman 20
                          Carrasco 20

all went for top dollar.
                          Last edited by virgonomic; 03-08-2015, 02:19 PM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

A healthy Fielder went $33 last season....I can't believe he still went for $30

Comment

Reyes at 24 caught my eye as well. Especially with Andrus going for 20. Seemed low on Reyes

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                Ianetta at 9 in the first round was pure madness, IMO.
                                So Eno made it known he was looking for better catchers this year so not surprised per se. If you look at the later starting catchers taken $9 isn't that bad as he'll get 400+ ABs in a pretty good lineup. Not sure his BA stays at .250 though.

In a 2-catcher only league guys any starting catcher with decent pop is going to go for about that much.

Comment

Working...
                                X