Jose Bautista HR Count Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#5 Woo hoo!

I can't sell high even if I wanted to. He is $4 this year. I will give him a one year raise next year and have him for two more years. I am not even sure how to put a value on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      Sell high folks. The 2nd coming of Brady Anderson is going to turn into a pumpkin any day now. Just ask El D.
      Nah. His bat is for real.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        3-3 tonight with a double, a triple, HR #5, plus 2 walks.

Now hitting .339/.480/.661 with a K/BB ratio of 14/16 through 16 games played.

Sell high folks. The 2nd coming of Brady Anderson is going to turn into a pumpkin any day now. Just ask El D.
        Haha too early. ElD gets the full year to reserve his claim but if Jose Bautista is still hitting HRs in July, I think most people will have come around. Bautista does look for real though.
        Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Bah. Only 8 RBI. What a clutch hitting wuss . :secretariat:
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

- J. Bautista homered to deep left #6

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Gotta go out on a limb sometimes, ya know?

Still, it's been 1/10th of a season.
              Right, I get that. It's why I predicted A-Rod to fall apart this year, given 3 consecutive seasons of worsening stats. Seems I was wrong on that one so far.

Though I also recall a time where I said that Bautista would easily outperform Manny, and you thought I was crazy for that one. Although J-Bow wins by default there.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

#6 hit off that chump David Price.

Price had to pitch him tough though, what with 2 outs, bases empty, and Lind on deck, with Jose Molina in the hole. (Jose Molina in the 5 spot? Really?)
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Say hello to your new AL HR leader!

#7 comes again off David Price. A line drive wall-scraper.

Price actually laughed to himself and shook his head. You cannot pitch to this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    Jose Jose Jose Jose! DAMN!

Comment

Shields showed how to pitch him yesterday -- bust him way in and throw him low and away. if you elevate anything, it will be destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                        Shields showed how to pitch him yesterday -- bust him way in and throw him low and away. if you elevate anything, it will be destroyed.
                        Isn't that a good way to pitch everyone? I can't think of a single hitter whose wheelhouse is low and away.
                        I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                          I'm going to go check out that pitcxh f/x data. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by billbuckner View Post
                            Isn't that a good way to pitch everyone? I can't think of a single hitter whose wheelhouse is low and away.
                            Vlad?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Corey Hart had low and away plate coverage.

Here's how Shields threw the Jays yesterday

[IMG]http://www.brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB/location.php?pitchSel=448306&game=gid_2011_04_24_t bamlb_tormlb_1/&batterX=&innings=yyyyyyyyy&sp_type=1&s_type=
                              [/IMG]

here's Bautista's HR to swings and misses to date

He's going to punish mistakes but if you can stay down in the zone to either corner, you have him. If you fall behind in the count, you may as well just put him on base.

Comment

My recollection is that Strawberry liked it there. Maybe Winfield, too. Tall guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X