Which older movies would you pay to watch in a theater again? AT FULL PRICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    The latest episodes of Dr Who are being simulcast in cinemas here. It has been quite popular I believe.
    Yeah, we got the premiere here in the states. I'd love the ability to watch some of the Hartnell or Troughton serials with a theatre full of like minded fans.

Comment

Midnight Madness

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
        You beat me too it, others would be Lawrence of Arabia, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly, Akira, and Ran
        Ran. Wow, I haven't thought of that movie in years. That would be a good one.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I was rethinking this..... even though I have seen it 10x, on a given day, I might go see Rocky....... but I would have to know that the audio and video have been enhanced. That is such a great feel good movie for a guy from Philly.

Comment

Any Star Wars
            Titanic
            E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Flash Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                Ran. Wow, I haven't thought of that movie in years. That would be a good one.
                Ran - a movie of tremendous beauty while being chaotic and violent at the same time

Fanny and Alexander

Blade Runner (anyone see this for the first time in the past 10 years - I am curious)

Lawrence of Arabia - solid call

One from the Heart (anyone seen this besides me)

Comment

Ghostbusters is one of my favorite movies of all time, so it was a pleasure to get the opportunity to see it again in theaters (I was only 5 years old when it came out, and I only have vague recollections of that viewing). So yes, I paid $10.50, and I was happy to do it. Me and a couple of buddies went on a Tuesday evening, and we were the only ones in the theater. It was an absolute blast as we joked around and played our own version of Mystery Science Theater during the show.

Other movies I'd pay full price to see? Probably anything in my top 10-20 (including, in no discernible order, Children of Men, Die Hard, Sunset Boulevard, Jaws, Citizen Kane, Silence of the Lambs, Blade Runner, Almost Famous, Michael Clayton) and also some nostalgic throw-backs from my younger years (like Back to the Future, Goonies, Aliens, and E.T.) But then again, I love movies and am happy to throw down cash for this sort of stuff as it's one of my favorite forms of entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                    Blade Runner (anyone see this for the first time in the past 10 years - I am curious)
                    agreed, but only if it's the director's cut - without all that gawdawful background narration.
                    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                      Midnight Madness
                      Saw that when I was little and for some reason the theme song and certain images really stuck with me. Weird.

The theaters here in LA do the old movie thing a lot. The only one I went to see was Casablanca since my girlfriend had never seen it. The outdoor movies they show around here are more fun since there's also a band that plays and the food trucks are pretty awesome. In the last few years I've gone to The Big Lebowski, Princess Bride, and Anchorman.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                        None.
                        Yep, this was my first thought.

Then after reading what some others posted I could see a very few possible exceptions.

I might go to a drive-in to watch some old 50's or 60's Horror movies as part of Halloween festivities.

I would pay to take my Grandson (now 3) to some movies that I would like to share with him when age appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                          Ran - a movie of tremendous beauty while being chaotic and violent at the same time

Fanny and Alexander

Lawrence of Arabia - solid call

One from the Heart (anyone seen this besides me)
                          Yep, I should have had Blade Runner on my list. I've never seen One from the Heart, but I owned the soundtrack on vinyl
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                          X