Gotta love contractors :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta love contractors :)

So the roof started leaking in the library about a month ago in the SAME place it leaked two years ago which was two months after a completely new roof was put on. So I call the project manager who was in charge of the library renovation to let him know about the leak. He tells me he will let his boss know and get back to me asap.

One week went by and i did not hear from him so I call the contracting companies office and speak to the VP. He and the project manager are on the phone with me and tell me a roofer will be out to fix the leak that day or the next day.

One more week goes by without any roofer showing up so I call the company again and speak to the owner. Voila! roofer appears that day to fix the roof...BUT..he tells me the leak was caused by the technicians from another company that services the rooftop HVAC units.

So i tell the HVAC company about the roofers' claim and they of course say "No way". He also says this happens a lot, "they blame us, we blame them". Nice.

So I am waiting to see if i get a bill from the roofing company.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Would it be worth getting a third party involved, such as an inspector, so the right party is held responsible? Maybe a friendly patron can help you out.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
      Would it be worth getting a third party involved, such as an inspector, so the right party is held responsible? Maybe a friendly patron can help you out.
      I will probably have to get other involvement unless one of the companies takes responsibility (which i doubt will happen), whether that is some type of inspector or an attorney . The Library Board will need to be involved in this at some point.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

pictures are worth a thousand words.

when i had my roof redone, i took pictures of all the problem areas and texted them to our contact with the company. amazing how effective that was. if you don't have proof of when/where it happened (i.e., pictures), you'll have a hard time proving who did it.
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
          pictures are worth a thousand words.

when i had my roof redone, i took pictures of all the problem areas and texted them to our contact with the company. amazing how effective that was. if you don't have proof of when/where it happened (i.e., pictures), you'll have a hard time proving who did it.
          The roofer took pictures. I am not paying. As far a I am concerned it's the contractors responsibility.

Comment

Working...
          X