Which Sports Are You Made For?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine are baffling:

1. Athletics (Jumps) - I can't jump for shit, nor have I ever attempted to compete in any jumping event
    2. Athletics (Throws) - I did compete briefly in shot put and discus when I was 13-14.
    3. Cycling (Sprint) - I own a mountain bike
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      Most Olympic sports are solo, so that's more likely the reason why.

Also, I'm pretty sure the hockey they are referring to is field hocke.
      So I should be insulted?
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        Of all the sports I have played my favorite is street (Dek) hockey. I haven't played in over 15 years and keep thinking about playing again....
        You should do it. It's so much fun. Well, if you like having bruises all over your body. It's kind of a game, my girlfriend will ask me about them the next day and half of them I didn't even realize I had. I play defense so I am blocking more shots than a forward might.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
          So I should be insulted?
          Field hockey has it's benefits

Comment

It gave me cycling (long-distance), cycling (middle-distance), and running (long-distance). That follows from my saying that I have good endurance and pain tolerance and mostly terrible at other things, and it's true that I am actually a decent distance runner when I can be bothered to do it, but it's been a while. Not very fun results though.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Like Gris, I got hockey/rugby/squash.

I played a ton of pond hockey as a kid (no adult supervision, yay). used to play "Kill the Guy With the Ball" and British Bulldog, too, which I think is pretty much rugby.
              had a membership at a racquetball club for a year as well, close enough to squash I guess.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                had a membership at a racquetball club for a year as well, close enough to squash I guess.
                They're pretty much the same thing. Really all that's different is the shape of the racquet and the size/bouncing characteristics of the ball.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  Like Gris, I got hockey/rugby/squash.

I played a ton of pond hockey as a kid (no adult supervision, yay). used to play "Kill the Guy With the Ball" and British Bulldog, too, which I think is pretty much rugby.
                  Oh, squash is like raquetball?

I love to play raquetball...but I could never find anyone to play after my one friend took a new job and left town.

Comment

racquetball doubles is hilarious when the 4 guys are in their early 20s. brutally difficult to put the damn ball away. My main partner and I would alternate lunging, diving, reaching, sliding, etc. to get to any ball, and the other guy was always at the ready.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

I have 2 squash related scars, one above my eye. I played for a while with a friend who had a gimp right arm ... he was right handed. So he played squash, and presumably other things, left handed. He was pretty coordinated most of the time, but at times he would make these wild squishes without bending his elbow, so I tried to give him a wide berth. Unfortunately, one of his squishes resulted in the racket coming clean out of his hand and whacking me right above the eye socket. In hindsight, it was insane to play without some form of eye protection ... not that that can protect from flying rackets.

Comment

Hockey/Athletic (throws)/Rugby Sevens

Well, I was captain of my college rugby team, but that was almost 25 years ago. And sevens? Are they nuts? That's for the fast guys (I was an outside center in college, but more suited to the scrum today, if I were to un-retire).

Comment

I got Rugby, Hockey, long distance for the good ones.

Said I wouldn't be suited to shooting and lawn bowling. Yet I am a pretty good shooter and not a bad bowler.

Comment

"In hindsight, it was insane to play without some form of eye protection .."

yeah, we went "bareback" too back then

#yowza

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

1. Squash
                              2. Boxing
                              3. Athletics (throwing)?
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X