No announcement yet.

*Movie Scene Draft Thread*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESB is no longer eligible. Sheep up, Johnny will repick.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• 15.08 - Harold And Kumar Go To White Castle (2004) - Harold And Maria

As stoner comedies go, H&K is certainly one of the most clever and best executed. Many Apatow films that followed owe it a huge debt.

This early scene sets up the relationship between uptight, confidence-lacking Harold and the object of his secret desire. Great stuff... we've all done it at some point, don't lie!

I love how she throws him the rope one last time, and he still can't grab it...

Last edited by senorsheep; 07-24-2014, 11:17 AM.
      "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• 15.09 - Saturday Night Fever (1977), Opening Credits

In terms of setting a scene, no other opening credits have ever done this better. And few movies have caught a cultural moment as well as this one has.

Comment

• Back to back train-bridge scenes, there's gotta be a prize for that, right?

15.10 - The Bridge On the River Kwai (1957) - 'Madness, madness!'

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• 15.11.....The 40-Year Old Virgin (2005) - "Kelly Clarkson!!!"

Comment

• 15.12 Taken (2008) - "Good Luck"

How did this not get taken yet? I thought of this one a few days ago. Such a great little speech...I guess I like courtrooms and speeches.

Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Forget Taken, how is THIS still out there?

15.13 The Graduate - Finale

If you've been living under a rock and have never seen the movie or haven't heard how it ends, this scene is a spoiler.

ETA: Katharine Ross was hot as shit back in the day.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• 15.14 The Matrix - "Red or Blue"

"Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• 15.03 The Great Escape, "Steve McQueen Motocycle Chase"

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• 15.16 - ET: The Extra Terrestrial - Bike Chase

One of the first movie scenes that I really remembered as a kid...

Comment

• 15.17 The Seventh Seal - "The Confession Scene"

Antonius Block is a knight returning from the Crusades. Here, he's entering a chapel to confess about his withering faith and his thoughts about god and death to Death himself, who disguised into a priest. This is a short, yet accurate trip to the innermost depths of a human's fears and wonders. And Death tricks him into revealing his strategy in the chess game.

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• 16.01 The Ten Commandments - "Moses parts the Red Sea"

This blew me away as a kid and i look forward to watching this every year around Easter.

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• 16.02: Django Unchained - "Crappy White Masks"

There are a few more intense scenes in this movie, but considering how relatively new it is and the chances that not all of you have seen it, I wanted to choose by far the funniest scene in the movie and one you can watch without spoiling the plot or the ending. The only drawback is that DiCaprio is not in this scene, and he kicks ass in this movie. Anyway, if you havent seen it - it's Friday movie night for you...seriously!

Comment

• Really surprised this hasn't been picked:

15.15 - A League of Their Own - "There's no crying in baseball"

This scene cracks me up every time I see it...

"Is this bad? Is it bad?

And, when he pushes that kid out of the way.. I just lose it.

16.03 - Old School - Frank the Tank takes a tranquilizer dart in the neck

Comment

Working...
                              X