No announcement yet.

My disabled dachshund, Part Two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there's a saying, learn as you go not go as you learn.

you had the same exact injury as the dog. yet you let yourself get fixed while the dog suffered. how would you like it if the doctors decided to just see if you came around and got better. yet, you care more about how terrorists are treated than a member of your own family. and you said it was your wife's dog. if not doing it for the dog, do it for them. but you make an excuse about money... you don't know me, but i know you.

you fail to go out and take the time to educate yourself on the subject. you know, you don't have to be intentional to be cruel. it happens all the time. a cat will pee on the rug because it has a urinary tract infection and instead of taking it to the doctor, they'll put it to sleep because they think it's a behavior problem. or maybe they'll just put it down in the basement and let it get worse until it dies of kidney failure.

...but for the record, your not my problem. heck, im even cruel to my pet due to my own ignorance. we all are. ..but don't preach to me about politics.

Comment

The magnitude of information regarding my situation which you don't know, or which you don't understand, is staggering. Your comments are not only inaccurate, but personally offensive.

I will speak out against torture so long as people here try to defend it. Torture is wrong. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
        The magnitude of information regarding my situation which you don't know, or which you don't understand, is staggering. Your comments are not only inaccurate, but personally offensive.

I will speak out against torture so long as people here try to defend it. Torture is wrong. Period.
        Lucky,

I struggle with the torture idea. On the one hand I agree that torture is wrong, on the other I could see myself under the right circumstances employing it (which even thinking about it makes me a little sick to my stomach).

You are locked in a room with your son's kidnapper. He has buried him in the woods with enough oxygen to last a couple of hours at best. He makes no demands, and just takes pleasure in your suffering. The only thing in the room is a pencil. What are you going to do with it?

I honestly do not know what I would do, and would hate to find out. I confess that I believe I would do what it takes to get the information to save my childs life.

I would hope that at some point all of our leaders (whether I agree with their politics or not) would have something close to love of our Country and citizens, much like we do for our kids.

Comment

Everybody just relax
          I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Everybody just relax or I'll start water-boarding you.
            “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
            -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

i said before the information is daunting. im trying to help you. i imagine that sometimes maybe the better advice in life can be offensive. but you gotta ask those questions. you gotta question yourself. you gotta question me. you gotta question your veterinarian. you gotta question Bush. i tried to be indirect and kind doing it with pictures. but when you said there was a sea of change or the potential of playing with Bill O'Reilly (that was Obama btw) i decided to be more direct. my name is Larry. it's not a good name. but the L stands for loyalty. i got that from my army parents. it's an instinct i do with my eye's closed. you're Lucky. and you've probably got some L too. it's also why i have an animal thing. there's nothing more loyal than animals. especially your pets.

if your dog can walk than your almost back to square one. you've been given a second chance. i've been given more chances in life than i can count. try not to be too offended, but more importantly try not to be too set in your ways. i said once before there that were many times my friends never questioned me, even when they should. and always let me do whatever destructive thing that i was doing. inaccurate or not, it's your friends that try to tell you how it is. but sure, be angry if im presumptuous. that the internet for you.

Comment

Ahhh, the good times. This is why I've found it futile to post in the Sports bar...a heartwarming story about a little Dog's recovery is turned into personal attacks and "debates" about torture and politics. Shhheeesh...
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

i was hoping that you would tho. but not about the latter. it wasn't my idea to merge this thread with politics. and i still didn't, but john and lucky did. but i did want to try to tell everyone that the sports bar politics is killing the site.

all i cared about was a little dog. and it's not better (i have experience in these things). but it could be better if action is taken now. otherwise it will happen again. the slipped disk material needs to be cleaned up.

but thats what i do, get drunk and rehash my stuff here. not many of those days left for me. i doubt lucky will be back soon or check this thread.

how do i exit this site without making it seem like it's anyones fault. it's been my problem for a few years now.

thats what happened when we moved tho. everyone signed up again hoping it wouldn't be the same liberal or political bs, but it was anyways. and im a liberal. i appreciate your wisdom too Hornsby.

that was a mistake. baseball is religious and conservative. and we kicked out our audience.

Comment

Originally posted by billbuckner View Post
                      Everybody just relax
                      I am relaxed. I was just hoping to get Lucky's opinion. It is something I struggle with, and hope to get other perspectives.

Comment

i for one am against torturing dachshunds.
                        ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

hey Horns on your sig... there's an essay contest. (Is Reality Digital or Analog?)
                          The Foundational Questions Institute, FQxI, catalyzes, supports, and disseminates research on questions at the foundations of science, particularly new frontiers and innovative ideas integral to a deep understanding of reality, but unlikely to be supported by conventional funding sources.

i haven't read any of them. actually thats sounds like more up Seitzer's stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobain's Ghost View Post
                            i for one am against torturing dachshunds.
                            Unless they refused to tell you where they buried your kid.

Comment

i need to fall on my sword. i said before PGP, ST, and me.

PGP was the brave one since he went first... all i ask is that you finally get ST for me.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                                i was hoping that you would tho. but not about the latter. it wasn't my idea to merge this thread with politics. and i still didn't, but john and lucky did. but i did want to try to tell everyone that the sports bar politics is killing the site.

all i cared about was a little dog. and it's not better (i have experience in these things). but it could be better if action is taken now. otherwise it will happen again. the slipped disk material needs to be cleaned up.

but thats what i do, get drunk and rehash my stuff here. not many of those days left for me. i doubt lucky will be back soon or check this thread.

how do i exit this site without making it seem like it's anyones fault. it's been my problem for a few years now.

thats what happened when we moved tho. everyone signed up again hoping it wouldn't be the same liberal or political bs, but it was anyways. and im a liberal. i appreciate your wisdom too Hornsby.

that was a mistake. baseball is religious and conservative. and we kicked out our audience.
                                You're mistaken here again, Larry. If you'd bothered to look at the thread before popping off, you would have seen that. John brought in politics with the Bush photo in post 27. Then you got political in post 29. I responded two posts later. So no, John and Lucky didn't bring politics into the thread. John and Larry brought politics into the thread. And then you opened the door on personally offensive comments.

Larry, you don't know me. It's amazingly arrogant to claim that you do. You don't know anything about my family situation or my canine situation, other than the small part of the story I shared here. The rest is your imagination.

Stay, leave, whatever. I'm tired of sharing your angst. You join PaleoTalons on "ignore".

Comment

Working...
                                X