Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
    He "made two great lights", except that one of them is inherently NOT a light and relies on the other to be illuminated at all. That's like saying "that which I shine my flashlight at is also a light".
    Eh. Scientifically, it's all light. Only one is inherently a source of light, but both toss light at the earth.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
      Is reflected light not light? I'm actually with Gregg on this one that the Biblical text can, in this instance, be read in harmony with scientific knowledge.
      Most of the Bible can be read in harmony with science-- it just the people who insist that it shouldn't be done who keep getting in the way. Oh, and Bill Nye is the devil
      "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
        LOL. So the sentence "God made two great lights" is technically correct because it's all light. Is the moon a half light, having a dark side and all that...?

You must be working toward your Master's in Creationist Science.
        Out of the night when the full moon is bright

Comes the Horseman known as Zorro.

Comment

Working...
        X