Coachella 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
    That's one of my problems with Coachella as well (at least with the group I usually go with) - they're into more of the electronica stuff while I want to see the rock bands so I spend most of the festival by myself. While it makes it easier to wiggle your way toward the front, it gets a bit lonely.
    This is kinda my problem since I've came back. No-one I know likes the same kind of music, so I'd sooner go to gigs myself rather than worrying about whether the person I'm with is having a good time.

... well I end up not going to many gigs any more.

Comment

I'd love to see Mogwai and Beck......my buddies and I are trying to see one live show a month where we pre-buy tickets, of course living in SF makes it easy since none of us have to drive and half the time we can just walk and smoke and goof off on the way there.
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
        My problem isn't that I'm old, it's that my friends are old, and it's getting tough to find a date for the concerts I want to see. You ought to see the baffled looks I get now when I ask who wants to go see Disco Biscuits and Infected Mushroom. I mean, OK, I know you don't know the bands, but they're playing right here in the part of town where we all live, and the tickets are cheap, and it's on a Saturday night, and I'm vouching that it'll be a good time - you'd really rather sit at home and watch TV like you do every other night of your life? Jeez.

And now what am I supposed to do, go to the show by myself and be the creepy old guy that everybody thinks is a cop? Sadly, that is becoming my only option for seeing live music.
        Agreed... back in Philly I had one friend who was the one looking for people so I could just go with her. She exposed me to some fun bands... Now I have no one here. Seriously, even listing to a mediocre band live in a club is better than sitting at home and watching TV.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
          My problem isn't that I'm old, it's that my friends are old, and it's getting tough to find a date for the concerts I want to see. You ought to see the baffled looks I get now when I ask who wants to go see Disco Biscuits and Infected Mushroom. I mean, OK, I know you don't know the bands, but they're playing right here in the part of town where we all live, and the tickets are cheap, and it's on a Saturday night, and I'm vouching that it'll be a good time - you'd really rather sit at home and watch TV like you do every other night of your life? Jeez.

And now what am I supposed to do, go to the show by myself and be the creepy old guy that everybody thinks is a cop? Sadly, that is becoming my only option for seeing live music.
          The Disco Biscuits are only a good time if they don't sing.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
            The Disco Biscuits are only a good time if they don't sing.
            That's been my impression from the YouTube clips. I really want to see Infected Mushroom - anything The Disco Biscuits can add is gravy.
            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Also, if you don't like Phish fans, Disco Biscuits fans are WAY worse. E-tards galore.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                Also, if you don't like Phish fans, Disco Biscuits fans are WAY worse. E-tards galore.
                So I should get a reserved seat, off the floor and away from the humanoids. Check.
                "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

That would be highly advisable.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    Agreed... back in Philly I had one friend who was the one looking for people so I could just go with her. She exposed me to some fun bands... Now I have no one here. Seriously, even listing to a mediocre band live in a club is better than sitting at home and watching TV.
                    come to SF, but don't forget your wallet this time!
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                      come to SF, but don't forget your wallet this time!
                      I need to keep up on who all is playing. My cousin's husband does catering for a bunch of the venues and gets tickets to the Fillmore among others.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        I need to keep up on who all is playing. My cousin's husband does catering for a bunch of the venues and gets tickets to the Fillmore among others.
                        I just looked at the Fillmore calendar, and didn't see anyone I'd want to see, now the Great American Music Hall has Bob Mould on Feb 27th, and Mono on Friday May 2nd!
                        The newest venue, and closest to me, is The Chapel. Dawn of Midi is playing there Thursday Feb 6th, and that's probably the show I'll try to rally my buddies to attend

The Chapel is a live music venue in the heart of San Francisco's Mission District.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                          I just looked at the Fillmore calendar, and didn't see anyone I'd want to see, now the Great American Music Hall has Bob Mould on Feb 27th, and Mono on Friday May 2nd!
                          I can never be bother to see Mono.

Comment

Working...
                          X