*** 1970's Album Draft - Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil Young and Jack White to release an album together

Jack White and Neil Young have reportedly made an album together. Two different sources claim the musicians have collaborated on a covers LP, including songs by some of their favourite singer-songwriters.

Yesterday, journalist Michael Goldberg wrote that he had "confirmed" a story on the Neil Young fan-site Thrasher's Wheat, alleging that Young had recorded a full-length at White's Third Man headquarters in Nashville. "It is an album of covers," wrote a correspondent called Scott. "I anticipate this will be a very big seller ... It should be out sometime in the new year."

Comment

• Holy crap.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Fun Manassas fact: Bill Wyman co-wrote and played on "The Love Gangster" from that album, and was quoted as saying he would leave the Rolling Stones to join Manassas if asked.

Comment

• I was wondering if anyone would pick any Eno. Pitchfork's top 100 albums of the 70s was littered with Eno albums but I didn't really see what the big deal was when I listened to one of them. Seems like another "had to be there" thing :shrug:

Comment

• Nice pick Foot, earlier today I pm'd sheep about Another Green World.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
              I was wondering if anyone would pick any Eno. Pitchfork's top 100 albums of the 70s was littered with Eno albums but I didn't really see what the big deal was when I listened to one of them. Seems like another "had to be there" thing :shrug:
              Pitchfork lists tend to be more about influence than popularity.

Comment

• Chance -- I think you were already caught up. You pick 3rd in odd-numbered rounds, not even numbered-ones.

The last few rounds haven't been updated on the first page of the draft thread, but you did make a pick at 15.03 (REO Speedwagon).

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                  Chance -- I think you were already caught up. You pick 3rd in odd-numbered rounds, not even numbered-ones.

The last few rounds haven't been updated on the first page of the draft thread, but you did make a pick at 15.03 (REO Speedwagon).
                  Check...johnny sent me an email. Hopefully no one else wants Pretzel Logic.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Pogues, I'm off to see the Young Dubliners.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

• I still have a few dozen in mind. Any sentiment for doing two at a time for a while? It should make it harder for people to opt for being skipped, and move us along at a brisker pace.

I'm going to leave a pick or two with johnny.

Good news...money has been good lately, with 65 hours a week, overtime pay, and the odd bonus. Bad news...we have just about worked ourselves out of a job.

But, the best news...looks like I have a shot at a good job about 750 miles closer to home, paying decent money and doing something I like. Anyone care to cross their fingers for me?

Tough week at home. Both (yes, both) of our wonderful and furry friends found a way out of the yard and were run over. Neither made it. Alice fell, breaking her ankle. I'm a thousand miles away, working every day, and can do nothing but console her and Robert over the phone. What a world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                        I still have a few dozen in mind. Any sentiment for doing two at a time for a while? It should make it harder for people to opt for being skipped, and move us along at a brisker pace.

I'm going to leave a pick or two with johnny.

Good news...money has been good lately, with 65 hours a week, overtime pay, and the odd bonus. Bad news...we have just about worked ourselves out of a job.

But, the best news...looks like I have a shot at a good job about 750 miles closer to home, paying decent money and doing something I like. Anyone care to cross their fingers for me?

Tough week at home. Both (yes, both) of our wonderful and furry friends found a way out of the yard and were run over. Neither made it. Alice fell, breaking her ankle. I'm a thousand miles away, working every day, and can do nothing but console her and Robert over the phone. What a world.
                        Jesus man, you might need to change your screen name. Condolences on the whole deal.

And yes, I think 2 picks at a time is necessary to make sure this thing doesn't drag on into baseball season.

Comment

• Two at a time is a great idea.

Lucky - My prayers on the new job. Understand the sentiment about a tough week, but at least I'm home.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Lucky - sending good mojo your way.

Comment

• Lucky, that's awful, sorry to hear about your tough week. Good luck with the new job opportunity.
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Sorry to hear Lucky, hope you get the new job.
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X