*** 1970's Album Draft - Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    I'd figured you were referring to Fela as your African pick, good one. It's one of my favorites but I have a couple ranked ahead of it.
    Yeah, when you said you had a few I figured I had better go ahead and take this one just in case it was your #1.

Comment

• I am the polar opposite of Pogues, Friarfan and Bucky: All but two of my albums are from 1975 and before.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
        I am the polar opposite of Pogues, Friarfan and Bucky: All but two of my albums are from 1975 and before.
        Funny. And I've got four from 70-75.

Comment

• Come on and pick, Johnny, I've got my next one cocked and loaded

Comment

• Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
            Come on and pick, Johnny, I've got my next one cocked and loaded
            Was here ... but wasn't here. Pick up.

Comment

• 14.10 Willy and the Poor Boys - Creedence Clearwater Revival (1970 UK)

I dig CCR. I'm going to have to listen more.

Comment

• Fela Kuti was just a name I always saw in Village Voice year-end polls; I have to give that a listen although i'm thinking it won't be my cup of tea.

I went through my spacey Tangerine Dream phase in the late 70s (I too had the "Phaedra" LP). My mom's a Berliner, so my brothers and I were always more hip to German culture than other kids. Most German music snobs consider only early TD to be 'true' Krautrock, same with Kraftwerk. Early TD actually had drums and guitar, and a more organic approach; they were also quite unlistenable. I didn't really put any of their LPs on my list, but I could in a pinch. I dock them 2 points for no vocals and no drums. I actually liked their 80s soundtrack to "Risky Business" the best!
                One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

• 14.10 Willy and the Poor Boys - Creedence Clearwater Revival (1970 UK)
                  Our first 1969/70 dual release. Odd that Australia got it in 1969 but the UK not until 1970.

Comment

Our first 1969/70 dual release. Odd that Australia got it in 1969 but the UK not until 1970.
                    Also it jumped from one label to another during 1970 ... maybe a dispute?

Comment

I am the polar opposite of Pogues, Friarfan and Bucky: All but two of my albums are from 1975 and before.
                      All but 1 for me.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• "Cool For Cats", love it FF; I picked "Argybargy" in the 80s/90s draft.

Did you ever see the documentary of Glenn Tillbrook and Mike Peters and company climbing in the Himalayas? Highly recommended.
                        One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          Sneaky...that's my favorite CCR album.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            Dunno. Their US label, Fantasy, didn't change, though the band had a terrible relationship with Fantasy (which was a factor in their early demise.)

Comment

• Damn it re: CCR's Willy and the Poor Boys, which just rules.

As for years picked, I'm totally schizophrenic here - no one year is represented by more than 2 albums, and every year picked other than 1971 and 1974 (there's that year again). Meanwhile, waiting on Revo and Lucky here!

Comment

• Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                                Funny. And I've got four from 70-75.
                                I have four from 70-75 too but that's actually six years the real separation should be 70-74 and 75-79. I only have two in the first half of the decade.
                                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                                X