No announcement yet.

*** Post-1979 Album Draft - Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh, wait, let's do a draft of 70's drafts of 80's music in 90's movies. yeah, that's it. that's the twist that's needed.
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
      It's only a matter of time before we do a draft of drafts.

Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        It may have only been a private battle between me and DMT ... but it was knives out

Edit: says the guy who picked a Bob Mould solo record in the first.

Incidentally, ITAOTS is a fascinating record. On the surface it's about Jeff Magnum's life-long fascination with Anne Frank (unconfirmed, but there isn't much doubt) ... but when you delve a bit deeper, it seems more like an obsession, and an unhealthy obsession in places. He puts himself into many of the songs with her, and in intimate situations. So much passion and depth to this record. Since I discovered this record, it's never been off my play list. Like DMT, I probably listen to this start to finish more than any other record.
        I just did a write-up for ITAOTS for my listening club and I stumbled across this piece, an undergraduate thesis, highly recommended if you love the album.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
        X