No announcement yet.

*** Post-1979 Album Draft - Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portraits of dead musicians had they still been alive.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Great pick Foot!
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Great pick Foot!
        Yay, that's something I haven't been hearing too much this draft. For a while there I was like, "Hello, is this thing on? (tap tap)..."

I'm still mulling some cringe-worthy picks that I'm shy to pull the trigger on.
        One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManCalledFoot View Post
          Yay, that's something I haven't been hearing too much this draft. For a while there I was like, "Hello, is this thing on? (tap tap)..."
          Honestly, I've never heard of about 1/2 your picks (i.e., the names were a blank, maybe I'll recognize the songs).
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• I'd only heard American Standard from Mary's Danish and wasn't too impressed, but I like that song, might have to check out their earlier albums.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• I heard this interesting factoid about Billy Idol a few days ago: he was offered the massive 1985 hit "Don't You (Forget About Me)" but declined (as did The Fixx and Bryan Ferry), and it was offered to Simple Minds -- who also initially turned it down-- instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManCalledFoot View Post

I'm still mulling some cringe-worthy picks that I'm shy to pull the trigger on.
                First time hearing that Tricky song but it reminded of another classic trip-hop album that I played quite a bit in college.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Woke up. Opened Sports Bar on the mobile. Saw DMT had picked. Opened Draft Thread to see the damage. Fuck, Spiritualized. "that Fucking guy again!". Looks more closely ... It was Foot not DMT. Bitch! Get some American friends whydontya?

Thought I was safe with Ladies and Gentlemen. Great record, amazing lead track and video. Great packaging ... It came in a pharmaceutical style cardboard case and the CD was in a foil covered plastic tray like a giant pill. Best packaging ever.

My late draft list is getting whittled down.

Edit ... Nice pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    Looks more closely ... It was Foot not DMT. Bitch! Get some American friends whydontya?
                    YES! Mwahh-ha-ha... now pick your Manics album so I know which one to take...

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      Never even heard of Spiritualized before.
                      You may have probably heard the lead single of that record "Come Together" ... it was a big MTV hit because of the video.

Comment

• 1997 was a "decent" year ... NME's top 3 records:

1 Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space.
                        2. Radiohead - OK Computer
                        3. Verve - Urban Hymns.

Comment

• dmt got me with nsfmfw, great joke grenade
                          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• How many of you are thinking right now "I can't believe two Camper Van Beethoven albums have been picked, but not one by ***insert band name here***!"
                            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                              How many of you are thinking right now "I can't believe two Camper Van Beethoven albums have been picked, but not one by ***insert band name here***!"
                              ...raises hand...

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                                How many of you are thinking right now "I can't believe two Camper Van Beethoven albums have been picked, but not one by ***insert band name here***!"
                                Well if that *** band name *** was New Model Army, the thinker can rest assured that indeed they did have one album picked, and you just missed it is all.
                                Last edited by Controller Jacobs; 11-21-2013, 12:53 AM.
                                people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Working...
                                X