Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What took all the air out of the Sports Bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What took all the air out of the Sports Bar?

This used to be a fun place, now there's 3 or 4 post per day.

Did everyone get too busy?

I know I did and I'm sorry about that.

Anyway, Hi to all the old guys that made this so much fun.

Sad to say, the whole site is slowly slipping away. Once fanball screwed it up, it was only a matter of time before this happened. Even the big dogs who used to post double digits per day are gone for the most part...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Sad to say, the whole site is slowly slipping away. Once fanball screwed it up, it was only a matter of time before this happened. Even the big dogs who used to post double digits per day are gone for the most part...
      This is what happens when you don't add any new members and attrition subtracts many more.

Comment

yeah, at this point I'm not sure how anyone would find the site.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Once fanball screwed it up, it was only a matter of time before this happened.
          I was an RJ guy first and a Mastersball guy second and then they both sold out and we see what happened...were both new owners idiots...or was it on purpose?

Comment

I blame it all on fly having kids
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Call it evolution or why the world turns the way it does.

However, I do have a plan that will keep the Empire out of here forever.
              "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
              "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                This is what happens when you don't add any new members and attrition subtracts many more.
                In part because some people just like asses and drive others away...others who have been here a long time.

Then others are such asses they get the boot themselves.
                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                  Call it evolution or why the world turns the way it does.

However, I do have a plan that will keep the Empire out of here forever.
                  Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrr the Dread Pirate Long John has a plan.........who is ready to back him up?
                  Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

There is a lot we can do to help turn this around as far as new members are concerned. It's hard for people to randomly chance upon the site via search engines because we don't make any real effort to optimize for them.

As for the older members ... it's natural that many will drift in and out as their interests and commitments change. Heck there have been several times when I've disappeared for extended periods, and others when I've only participated in VD's. Saying that, if more folk made an effort to comment in threads they are somewhat interested in, even for token purposes, it would have a knock on effect.

Probably time for another random Sports Bar draft
                    Last edited by johnnya24; 10-27-2013, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                      ... Saying that, if more folk made an effort to comment in threads they are somewhat interested in, even for token purposes, it would have a knock on effect.
                      agreed.

did that help?
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                        agreed.

did that help?
                        What do ya mean?

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                          agreed.

did that help?
                          Yep...
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            Probably time for another random Sports Bar draft
                            Heye and I will get to work on that. Between us, we've come up with two of more random and fun ones...and we're both mildly deranged. Not like Steve or FriarFan....but just mildly.
                            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Time for a motivational speech.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X