No announcement yet.

Yeah so global warming huh...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• although recalling that she gave up the goods to Martin Short in that 1980s movie means you only had to be as hot as him

#lowbar

#Luckyguy
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
      You guys are going to have to play nice, or I'll be forced to once again wax nostalgic about some comely young lass I knew forty years ago.
      Byron won't appreciate this outing.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• elD's and my semantic nit-picking notwithstanding, this is not good.

On February 25, 2015, Arctic sea ice extent appeared to have reached its annual maximum extent, marking the beginning of the sea ice melt season. This year’s maximum extent not only occurred early; it is also the lowest in the satellite record.
        Last edited by bryanbutler; 03-20-2015, 10:42 PM. Reason: to add quote
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• unless you're not a fan of Florida ... if all the planet’s ice caps were to melt according to National Geographic ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• I'm down with that if you'll give me back Charleston...
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Considering where I currently live...it'll mean a much shorter drive to the shore. That will be nice.
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Sacramento beach front property FTW!
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  Sacramento beach front property FTW!
                  My buddy told me a story that we'd close off the golden gate/build a giant lock (sp?) before we let the Central Valley become a giant salt water marsh
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                    My buddy told me a story that we'd close off the golden gate/build a giant lock (sp?) before we let the Central Valley become a giant salt water marsh
                    california loves their avocados.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Been a while since we had beachfront property in Arkansas.

Comment

• I still think we can suck this stuff out of the atmosphere. I suppose it says something that you can do it from the air, but it's not cost effective enough to do it at the source. sooner or later tho they'll have to. they'll have to do something.

what I don't get is citing natural feedback as a solution. the bottom line is we know how long it takes for greenhouse gasses to lower naturally. and we know that greenhouse gasses can warm a planet more than the sun can. we know mercury is closer to the sun but we know venus is hotter. we know at 600 parts per million earth has more greenhouse gasses then it has now than in the last millions of years. but we don't have millions of years to wait for a feedback effect to change it.

the natural state of the earth is an ice age. and our presence changed it. and that's a good thing. we just need to fix again what we already fixed once. you have to be able to terraform your own planet, whether accidently or under pressure.

sucks for the animals and the poor ppl, but that's evolution.

greenhouse gasses bond to other molecules.

Comment

• there is another solution tho. we could just use our cheaper fuel to conquer the ppl that would further pollute the atmosphere. take out india, take out china, prevent anyone else from releasing greenhouse gasses except us. world domination thru environmentalism. I mean fuel has to be more important than anything else. so now we aren't just trying to get more fuel than the next guy, but we are trying to prevent them from having enough of it that it threatens our survival.

it's not really alex smith stuff. we could survive if we were the only polluters.

Comment

• and I just don't understand how the lesson of mercury and venus is lost on some ppl. this is exactly why we explore our solar system. for situations exactly like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post

it's not really alex smith stuff.
                              we can probably all agree on that
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                                and I just don't understand how the lesson of mercury and venus is lost on some ppl. this is exactly why we explore our solar system. for situations exactly like this.
                                Expand.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X