Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 RJ Sports Bar Survivor (3 strikes this year)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
    I'm already a huge Tampa fan, but this week I'm going to be really rooting for the upset. Nearly all of you went with the Lions...and if they lose at best there are 6 of us left...all with 2 strikes.
    Well...that worked out well for Poguesy! Everyone picks wrong this week but me!
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I don't have the time nor the energy to note how many dumb things the Dolphins did in the entire second half and especially in the final 5 minutes. The Panthers did convert a 4th and 10 from their own 20 which was clutch, but a lot of the other stuff was giftwrapped (including a personal foul for push out of bounds on Newton to put the Panthers in range to tie the game that you see dumb teams do ALL the time).

per the other thread, the Dolphins almost certainly would have been ahead 20-3 instead of 16-3 in final minute of first half if not for a preposterous "pick up the flag" in the end zone on the same guy who got away with it vs Patriots (this was one was more blatant, though).

Philbin may be the worst NFL coach I've seen in 10 years, and that includes the Norv Turner era. When your only positive trait is knowing when to throw the challenge flag (he's 5 for 5, Panthers coach is 1 for 6) - well, that's not quite enough.

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Thought I had Titans. Checked this morning and my Detroit pick was my last strike. Oh well, wait till next year!

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          Philbin may be the worst NFL coach I've seen in 10 years
          You need the 10-years qualifier since no one could possibly be worse than Rich Kotite.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
          X