No announcement yet.

*Official RJ NCAA Tourney Pool*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usually I'm in at least a couple brackets with friends and always do terrible. Of course this year I ended up in only one pool where the normal coordinator is out of the country so we only ended up with me and 1 other guy making picks...and I've gotten 25 out of 28.

Comment

Obama is 26-2, no kidding.
      he's like 437th out of 3.5 million on espn.com brackets, something like that.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

entering 'real' second round, not counting NCAA's inane 4-team "first round" as a round

President Obama is 29-3, and he's not the only one....

DMT 29-3 (minor problem is he has Arizona winning it all, and eliminated Georgetown in final 8)

El Diablo 28-4 (Xavier Elite 8 pick not necessarily a huge problem with 3 No 1s and Butler in the final 4)

Victory Beer 26-6
        Pauly 26-6

MoonlightJ 25-7
        JonCarlos 25-7
        Ryno84MVP 25-7
        Victory Beer 25-7
        Trautdiggity 25-7
        The Troubador 25-7
        Heyelander 25-7

Judge wounded at 22-10 but has Elite 8 intact and one of only 2 riding the San Diego St Cinderella story to the finish line

One guy has a clean left side of the bracket for Elite 8, but sent Louisville and Michigan St to the Final 4 on a right side that looks like it was marked up by a manic teacher....
        Last edited by Judge Jude; 03-19-2011, 12:57 AM.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Finished the day at 27-5 with 15 out of my sweet 16 still in tact (got a little whacky and picked Utah St. to pull off a couple upsets). Hit on the Richmond, Marquette, Gonzaga, and Florida St. upsets but did not foresee Georgetown or Louisville going down in the 1st round. My fate will ultimately come down to a lot of games this weekend since I have North Carolina, San Diego St., Syracuse, and UConn all being upset.

Comment

I simply picked the higher seed to win every game. Obviously i have the 4 number 1's in the final four.

I wanted to see how well this method works instead of trying to "guess" the upsets.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              I simply picked the higher seed to win every game. Obviously i have the 4 number 1's in the final four.

I wanted to see how well this method works instead of trying to "guess" the upsets.
              Original
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

wow, my Aztecs - is that what San Diego St is called? - were so unimpressive.

of course, when a team is up 3 in regulation with almost 5 minutes left, and it seems like they're mainly focused on running as much clock as possible... yikes.

2 dreadful, confused offenses cut into the drama of a double OT game bigtime, then a weird Temple foul near the end. Will be interesting to see if San Diego St can shake the jitters with some time off before the Sweet 16. It does happen...

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Wow

I needed Pitt for sure, but those were both must-call fouls. Two inexplicable blunders, good job by that ref.

The fundamentals continue to deteriorate in this collegiate sport, but it sure ain't boring.

El Diablo with 3 No. 1s and Cinderella Butler in Final 4; latter pulled off last-second wins back-to-back in the first 2 rounds.

riding the "Hoosiers" saga!
                  Last edited by Judge Jude; 03-19-2011, 08:37 PM.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

man, what a finish to that pitt butler game! couldn't believe either of those final fouls - what were those kids thinking?
                    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

kudos to both kids for admitting afterwards that they focked up, not the refs, but of course especially to the kid on Pitt. At that age, so hard to take responsibility when you screw up. But he did. I hope he gets respected for how he handled it:

Expert recap and game analysis of the Butler Bulldogs vs. Pittsburgh Panthers NCAAM game from March 19, 2011 on ESPN.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        kudos to both kids for admitting afterwards that they focked up, not the refs, but of course especially to the kid on Pitt. At that age, so hard to take responsibility when you screw up. But he did. I hope he gets respected for how he handled it:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=310780221
                        exactly. Robinson is a a young man..playing hard..trying to win..heat of the moment you never know what will happen. Maybe if his teammates had played better it wouldn't have come down to that foul.
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                          Finished the day at 27-5 with 15 out of my sweet 16 still in tact (got a little whacky and picked Utah St. to pull off a couple upsets). Hit on the Richmond, Marquette, Gonzaga, and Florida St. upsets but did not foresee Georgetown or Louisville going down in the 1st round. My fate will ultimately come down to a lot of games this weekend since I have North Carolina, San Diego St., Syracuse, and UConn all being upset.
                          Welp, it was fun while it lasted - not only did i go 0-2 with my upsets yesterday, I had Pitt going to the finals (d'oh!)

I'm down to 6 of my elite 8, but at least I still have two Pac-10 teams to root for. Go Huskies and Wildcats!

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                            Welp, it was fun while it lasted - not only did i go 0-2 with my upsets yesterday, I had Pitt going to the finals (d'oh!)

I'm down to 6 of my elite 8, but at least I still have two Pac-10 teams to root for. Go Huskies and Wildcats!
                            What a pathetic ending to the UW/UNC game, capped by the refs' clock error on the final play.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Wow, what a game between Arizona and Texas! It was getting downright ridiculous how often they were giving Brown the foul calls so it was a relief when they swallowed their whistles on that last possession.

For those who weren't watching, there was a crucial 5-second call with Texas trying to inbounds with about 15 seconds left and Texas up by 2. On the ensuing play, Derrick Williams threw up a circus shot that somehow went in and got the foul. Arizona was generally in control all game until the J'Covan Brown free throw shooting marathon kicked in.

Comment

"What a pathetic ending to the UW/UNC game, capped by the refs' clock error on the final play."

Only saw the post-game analysis, but it seemed to pretty clearly show there was no error.
                                The kid grabbed at the ball at 1.4 seconds, but that's not when the clock should be stopped - it's when it landed out of bounds. Also, the clock is not supposed to be stopped until the ref blows the whistle. They pegged it at 0.6 whistle and 0.5 stoppage, I think. I'd guess the ball went out at 0.7 or so.

The supervisor of refs basically agreed they should have double-checked, and not just accepted the clock guy's analysis based on his own review of the replays (which I think was right, but why take a chance?).

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X