X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in...right under the deadline

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Well, I just changed pretty much my entire bracket around. I cannot figure what to do with the Southeast. I'm not a big believer in Pittsburgh, but I don't like any of the other high seeds, either.
      I think it's a pretty common sentiment. Many people feel like Pitt will falter. Florida is overseeded as a 2, BYU is obviously not the same team without Davies, Wisconsin scored 33 points in its last game.

Personally I went with a popular upset-victim pick to emerge, Kansas State. KSU has played some of their best ball of late and in March, a lot comes down to a player carrying his team through (and most typically that player is a guard). That favors BYU (Fredette) and KSU (Jacob Pullen) IMO but BYU hasn't settled in to it's new lineup and that's gonna doom them I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
        I think it's a pretty common sentiment. Many people feel like Pitt will falter. Florida is overseeded as a 2, BYU is obviously not the same team without Davies, Wisconsin scored 33 points in its last game.

Personally I went with a popular upset-victim pick to emerge, Kansas State. KSU has played some of their best ball of late and in March, a lot comes down to a player carrying his team through (and most typically that player is a guard). That favors BYU (Fredette) and KSU (Jacob Pullen) IMO but BYU hasn't settled in to it's new lineup and that's gonna doom them I think.
        The whole bracket is a mess. BYU can win some games on emotion and Jimmer but they are a trainwreck defensively. Everyone expects Pitt to screw up, but who knows when? I don't believe in Florida or Wisconsin. I have serious doubts about K State getting past Utah State. St. John's is a giant killer but also lost a key player and is terrible on the road. Gonzaga isn't a great team talent-wise but they are not going to screw themselves up. Would I be shocked to see any of these guys in the Final 4? Probably not. Initially I had Gonzaga in the Elite 8 but I chickened out.

Comment

I actually went huge risk in that bracket because I don't like any of them either. I went with Tom Izzo's experience and ability to get his team up for big games despite having no business being there. So - Michigan St out of the SE will either win me pools or make me just as mediocre when I'm 100% thrilled with a pick in this game.

Comment

Of course it doesn't make any difference - because Morehead State is about to destroy my bracket as I had Louisville in the finals.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
              Of course it doesn't make any difference - because Morehead State is about to destroy my bracket as I had Louisville in the finals.
              Wow, wasn't that a foul on Louisville's last shot? Anyway, they really can't complain about that -- they had the entire game to take care of business.
              “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
              -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                I actually went huge risk in that bracket because I don't like any of them either. I went with Tom Izzo's experience and ability to get his team up for big games despite having no business being there. So - Michigan St out of the SE will either win me pools or make me just as mediocre when I'm 100% thrilled with a pick in this game.
                Michigan State against Florida in Tampa... ain't happening

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderboy View Post
                  Wow, wasn't that a foul on Louisville's last shot? Anyway, they really can't complain about that -- they had the entire game to take care of business.
                  Marra went down hard but it's near impossible to tell on replays if Faried got any arm or if it was all ball. They were clean on body contact. It's so close at that point the no call seems like the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                    The whole bracket is a mess. BYU can win some games on emotion and Jimmer but they are a trainwreck defensively. Everyone expects Pitt to screw up, but who knows when? I don't believe in Florida or Wisconsin. I have serious doubts about K State getting past Utah State. St. John's is a giant killer but also lost a key player and is terrible on the road. Gonzaga isn't a great team talent-wise but they are not going to screw themselves up. Would I be shocked to see any of these guys in the Final 4? Probably not. Initially I had Gonzaga in the Elite 8 but I chickened out.
                    I almost put the Zags in the Final 4 but I put Pitt instead. Of course, I picked Arizona to win it all so my bracket was busted before the tourney began.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I'm 11 of 12 missed Richmond, but called Moorhead St. Oops, now 13 of 16 damn Michigan St.
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
                        Michigan State against UCLA in Tampa... ain't happening
                        Fixed

Comment

DMT and El Diablo go 14-2 to grab the early lead.
                          DMT has 3 No. 1s plus Arizona in the Final 4, with AZ winning it all (!)

El Diablo has 3 No. 1s plus Butler (last-second winner today) in the Final 4, but has Kansas over Ohio St for the title

5 13-3s
                          4 12-4s including Judge Jude
                          7 11-5s
                          8 10-6s
                          1 8-8 (doh!)

Title picks:
                          12 Kansas
                          7 Ohio St
                          3 Duke
                          2 San Diego St (thought I'd be the only one)
                          1 Pitt
                          1 Kentucky (whew)
                          1 Arizona
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

my wife picks on teams she "likes". doesn't look at records, seeds, RPI, sagarin, nada. she's kicking my ass in our pool so far. sigh. wish i had seen this thread in time to join :/...
                            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Derrick Williams = BEAST

Not too often does a game end on a block.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I'm surprised UNLV hasn't broken the backboard yet with the number of bricks they've thrown at them.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X