Verizon Customer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
    Not to piss all over the party here, but can someone explain to me how this is in any material way different than ECHELON, which we've known about since what, 2001? I mean besides the involvement of the smarmy Glenn Greenwald, of course.
    hey, if I'm going to be treated like a European by my government, then I want universal health care.....
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
      hey, if I'm going to be treated like a European by my government, then I want universal health care.....
      We don't do this ... we rendition our illegal surveillance to you guys!

Exclusive: UK security agency GCHQ gaining information from world's biggest internet firms through US-run Prism programme

The UK's electronic eavesdropping and security agency, GCHQ, has been secretly gathering intelligence from the world's biggest internetcompanies through a covertly run operation set up by America's top spy agency, documents obtained by the Guardian reveal.

The documents show that GCHQ, based in Cheltenham, has had access to the system since at least June 2010, and generated 197 intelligence reports from it last year.

The US-run programme, called Prism, would appear to allow GCHQ to circumvent the formal legal process required to seek personal material such as emails, photos and videos from an internet company based outside the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        We don't do this ... we rendition our illegal surveillance to you guys!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...ence-nsa-prism
        I was talking about ESCHELON, where the NSA monitors all European phone traffic
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
          Just STFU already. There's a somewhat decent and thoughtful discussion that's going on. Let it be. No need to derail it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
            I was talking about ESCHELON, where the NSA monitors all European phone traffic
            Mass illegal subversion of individual freedom ... acceptable.

Universal Health Care ... criminal and un-American.

It's a strange world we find ourselves in.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
              Just STFU already. There's a somewhat decent and thoughtful discussion that's going on. Let it be. No need to derail it.
              I think you're letting personal antipathy obscure what is a perfectly valid point IMO.

Obama set himself up as the President of transparency and honesty. He has been the opposite. It's all been lies and deceit. It was clear something hokey was afoot when he got that Nobel prize for nothing. He's done his job well ... make people think things are getting better, while the creeping control of the state over individual freedom carries on unabated.

I find myself hating frauds and liars like Obama and Tony Blair (people I would once have supported) much more than the likes of Bush and Cameron.

You said it above ... give me the devil I can see. The Obama's and Blair's of the world are much more dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                I think you're letting personal antipathy obscure what is a perfectly valid point IMO.

Obama set himself up as the President of transparency and honesty. He has been the opposite. It's all been lies and deceit. It was clear something hokey was afoot when he got that Nobel prize for nothing. He's done his job well ... make people think things are getting better, while the creeping control of the state over individual freedom carries on unabated.

I find myself hating frauds and liars like Obama and Tony Blair (people I would once have supported) much more than the likes of Bush and Cameron.

You said it above ... give me the devil I can see. The Obama's and Blair's of the world are much more dangerous.
                Great post. It baffles me how many people much smarter than I did not see through this guy. I saw through his bullshit immediately.

Comment

Too late to do anything about the abuses of the Bush era, but there's still time to curtail Obama. Folks on both sides of the aisle ought to be calling him out on this. Otherwise, sit back and watch President HR Clinton or President Chrisite further expand these powers. People that sit back and say 'Bush was worse' or 'Obama has taken it too far' deserve what they get.
                  The faux outrage from the right and the enabling from the left would be funny if it weren't so sad.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    Oh god. So you knew that he'd expand Bush-era privacy invasions immediately, eh?

Talk about bullshit.
                    I never said I knew how he would lie, but I knew he would.

Obama remains as unqualified, incompetent, arrogant, untruthful, clueless and corrupt as I thought. Its only being discoverd by some of his supporters now. That was my point.

Comment

Haha you and your ilk always post cutesy photos to irk the other side. Man up and admit your guy hoodwinked ya.

Comment

Originally posted by GTAXI View Post
                        I never said I knew how he would lie, but I knew he would.

Obama remains as unqualified, incompetent, arrogant, untruthful, clueless and corrupt as I thought. Its only being discoverd by some of his supporters now. That was my point.
                        His entire past was scrubbed and his family has intelligence agency connections stretching back many decades. The man is a brilliant actor and perfect frontman for this sad regime. The Clintons, Cheney, Obama. It's all the same blueprint and agenda. The oligarchy rolls on while left and right bicker over nonsense.

Comment

You undermine what would otherwise be reasonable posts by adding stuff like in the first line. This topic has enough legitimacy without the Alex Jones nonsense added in.
                          He's a product of the system. So the general public acts surprised when he augments the tools of the system? Shocking I tell you. His mother worked for the Ford Foundation in Indonesia in the 60s, which was a front group for the CIA to oust then President Sukarno who has very hostile to the interests of Stanvac and Caltex, which later became known as Mobil. Take a guess who Lolo Sotero worked for? Mobil. More shock there. Then there is further information documenting that the paternal grandfather Stanley Armour Dunham was OSS when he wasn't moonlighting as a cross country traveling furniture salesman. The entire family reeks of the corrupt scent of the corporate backed intelligence agencies, which explains how Barry hitched himself to foreign policy czar Zbigniew Brzezinski at Columbia U. Obama is no different from old man Bush, in that they have been reared in such unsavory environments.

Comment

As someone who's studied this in the last five years (heavily so in the last two) for commercial purposes, I'm not really surprised by any of this. And I always assumed that the collection of cellular and Internet data were happening. The collection and parsing of big data is the new normal. Almost everyone in the developed world has a digital footprint. Currently my lab is working on using Android to gather information from Indian rice farmers in order to improve land-use issues. So even citizens of the underdeveloped world will have digital footprints.

I'm not sure what my opinion on any of this is, I just wanted to let you guys know that the Matrix is real.
                            as part of this studying, did you (or is anyone) analyzing not just what is technically possible butwhat is feasible given how it relates to policy/legislation (i.e. from a privacy, DRM, IP etc perspective?)
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Oh, well now I'm definitely taking that nonsense seriously.
                              Sadly, truth is stranger than fiction. The performance being more critical than the content in many people's eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                                as part of this studying, did you (or is anyone) analyzing not just what is technically possible butwhat is feasible given how it relates to policy/legislation (i.e. from a privacy, DRM, IP etc perspective?)
                                Absolutely, but given that India is moving towards massive citizen digitization, legislative adoption is quite seamless. This is an academic lab so privacy and protecting your "subjects" is always of paramount concern. In this case, Android use is voluntary.

Comment

Working...
                                X