Verizon Customer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
    Good article. I hope that the credentials and thoroughness of a writer like Kurt Eichenwald will help quell the hysteria.

Comment

• Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
      Good article. I hope that the credentials and thoroughness of a writer like Kurt Eichenwald will help quell the hysteria.
      I hope that truthfulness and disclosure from our government will quell the hysteria.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Comment

• I forgot to post this ...

Home Office warns airlines not to fly Edward Snowden to Britain

Airlines have been warned by the Home Office not to fly the CIA whistleblower Edward Snowden to Britain as he would be turned away on arrival.

The move signals the Government’s determination to avoid a repeat of the controversy over the Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, who has been living in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London for nearly a year, after being granted asylum by the South American nation.
          Thanks, but no thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
            On Google's homepage today:

Security and privacy are not optional. Stand with a broad coalition to demand that the NSA stop watching us: stopwatching.us
            Rather hypocritical of Google considering how they mine our accounts for advertisers.

Comment

• Interesting Article by John Le Carre (former spy and author of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and The Constant Gardner)

The true reason for the existence of these gruesome secret courts, I suggest, beyond the desire to protect our state from embarrassment about the nature of our wrongdoing, is twofold: the disproportionate influence of the US/UK intelligence community on our democratic institutions, and the urgent need of our respective political establishments to import a Bush-style secret state to Britain. For Barack Obama, far from dismantling Bush's secret state when he took power, has diligently recrafted and extended it. In consequence, the CIA has become a fully fledged, unaccountable fighting arm, big on extrajudicial killing and derring-do, but short on the hard grind of intelligence gathering, which is where the Brits traditionally believe they have the edge. As part of his deal with the CIA, Obama, on taking office, promised not to rake up the past, which meant not naming or shaming the agency's torturers, or those at the highest level of the administration who had guided their henchmen's work down to the smallest, awful detail. But the past doesn't go away that lightly, and the most pressing task for our secret courts will be to keep the lid on the CIA's unlawful activities under Bush, and our own complicity in them, thereby incidentally clearing a path for them in the future.

Comment

Not even sure what this means, but assuming it is directed at me, I'll just say it's better to not read than not comprehend. By the way, I'm still waiting for you to explain about how prosecuting whistleblowers and hiding all actions behind a wall of secrecy fits in with your professed desire for open debate.
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  Not even sure what this means, but assuming it is directed at me, I'll just say it's better to not read than not comprehend. By the way, I'm still waiting for you to explain about how prosecuting whistleblowers and hiding all actions behind a wall of secrecy fits in with your professed desire for open debate.
                  No it's just a humorous reply when someone posts an overlong post (or in this case article) ... more likely to be directly at me

Comment

• Here's Glenn Greenwald's latest piece, in which he responds to a lot of the mud and false accusations that have been slung at him this week.

I haven't been able to write this week here because I've been participating in the debate over the fallout from last week's NSA stories, and because we are very busy working on and writing the next series of stories that will begin appearing very shortly.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                      No it's just a humorous reply when someone posts an overlong post (or in this case article) ... more likely to be directly at me
                      I need to stop multi-tasking...apparently I'm the one lacking comprehension
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Pretty sure this is my cousin!

The normally sober and abstemious Democratic Unionist party has been rocked by an alcopop scandal.

An investigation has been launched by the party that once promised to "save Ulster from sodomy" into why one of its councillors brought a bottle of Bacardi Breezer into a council meeting in Northern Ireland.

The DUP councillor Robert Hill has confirmed he took a bottle of Bacardi Breezer from a fridge during a sitting of Newtownabbey borough council's environment committee on Monday night.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          Here's Glenn Greenwald's latest piece, in which he responds to a lot of the mud and false accusations that have been slung at him this week.

How are his statements any more truthful than what is being thrown back his way to refute? He's come across as quite the petulant person in his interviews & responses

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            It was posted in retort to your reply to A's about the well-written piece in Vanity Fair

As I've said at least 3x now, my open debate beliefs is what Congressman Ellison stated in his interview on the Sunday circuit. Change the process for more transparency.

It certainly seems like the more details and research that has been done this week come out, the worse Snowden/Greenwald look in terms of crying wolf.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                              Gee, why on earth would that be? I mean, it's not like he's getting lies ("Greenwald is threatening to expose CIA operatives" - Peter "Scumbag" King) spread about him or threats to imprison him for doing his job.
                              He already has an asshole reputation - he should try to be above the fray. If you're in the mud with Peter King, then you deserve what you get.

Comment

It was posted in retort to your reply to A's about the well-written piece in Vanity Fair

As I've said at least 3x now, my open debate beliefs is what Congressman Ellison stated in his interview on the Sunday circuit. Change the process for more transparency.

It certainly seems like the more details and research that has been done this week come out, the worse Snowden/Greenwald look in terms of crying wolf.
                                Pretty sure you didn't ever respond to my question about transparency and debate. If I was supposed to read a link and attribute that as your response, I guess I just missed it. If you think the answer is to change the process, okay, I'll start holding my breath. When are you going to start calling for the investigation of all the leaks that were meant to promote Obama rather than embarrass him ?
                                Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 06-14-2013, 06:01 PM.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X