No announcement yet.

Verizon Customer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oaklanda's please clear out your PM box .
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
      oaklanda's please clear out your PM box .
      It's a conspiracy!

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        It's a conspiracy!
        now, if i had said "oaklanda's please clear out your dropbox," then it'd be a conspiracy!
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

now, if i had said "oaklanda's please clear out your dropbox," then it'd be a conspiracy!
          ... and I'm actually using dropbox now.

Spooky.

Comment

oaklanda's please clear out your PM box .
            Done.

Comment

• The NSA surveillance fallout should be a turning point for the tech industry

The tech companies need to rethink the way they do business entirely. They need to stop collecting so much data in the first place. Then they need to create systems that protect users' data even from people inside the companies, and be absolutely clear about the situations when they can't promise this.

For the rest of us, it's time to look for services and products that provide us with more security. The trajectory of surveillance, government and corporate, suggests we should assume we are being recorded at all times on unencrypted networks, for example. We need to adopt encryption and other countermeasures much more widely.

Comment

• This just went from bad to worse. CBS News confirms that Sharyl Atkisson's computer had been hacked by an unknown source in late 2012 during her Benghazi filings.

CBS News announced Friday that correspondent Sharyl Attkisson's computer was hacked by "an unauthorized, external, unknown party on multiple occasions," confirming Attkisson's previous revelation of the hacking.

CBS News spokeswoman Sonya McNair said that a cybersecurity firm hired by CBS News "has determined through forensic analysis" that "Attkisson's computer was accessed by an unauthorized, external, unknown party on multiple occasions in late 2012."

"Evidence suggests this party performed all access remotely using Attkisson's accounts. While no malicious code was found, forensic analysis revealed an intruder had executed commands that appeared to involve search and exfiltration of data. This party also used sophisticated methods to remove all possible indications of unauthorized activity, and alter system times to cause further confusion. CBS News is taking steps to identify the responsible party and their method of access."
                What party could have hacked into Atkisson's computer? They can't be that feckless? Could they?

Comment

• How does one use sophisticated methods to remove all indications of activity and yet leave the kind of e-paper trail described?

Comment

• Originally posted by PaleoMan View Post
                    This just went from bad to worse. CBS News confirms that Sharyl Atkisson's computer had been hacked by an unknown source in late 2012 during her Benghazi filings.

What party could have hacked into Atkisson's computer? They can't be that feckless? Could they?

not sure what you mean by "from bad to worse." if you mean by implicating the government, from that (short) article:

"To be clear, the federal government has not been accused in the intrusion of Attkisson's computer; CBS News is continuing to work to identify the responsible party."

Comment

not sure what you mean by "from bad to worse." if you mean by implicating the government, from that (short) article:

"To be clear, the federal government has not been accused in the intrusion of Attkisson's computer; CBS News is continuing to work to identify the responsible party."
                      Who would want to hack into Sharyl Atkisson's computer? The list is extremely narrow. It's equivalent to hearing that Woodward and Bernstein's computer was hacked during the breaking Whitewater scandal. A determined reporter hot on the trail of a story is subject to attack by a sophisiticated party. This isn't complicated to break down, based on motivation and later benefit. It's most likely a three letter agency working on behalf of fed gov, looking for criticial info or the identity of leakers, so they can get ahead of the proverbial tide. Secondly, it's not like the feds haven't been caught behaving like this prior. Holder was already caught shopping around town for a surveillance warrant for James Rosen after being initially rebuffed.

Comment

Who would want to hack into Sharyl Atkisson's computer? The list is extremely narrow. It's equivalent to hearing that Woodward and Bernstein's computer was hacked during the breaking Whitewater scandal. A determined reporter hot on the trail of a story is subject to attack by a sophisiticated party. This isn't complicated to break down, based on motivation and later benefit. It's most likely a three letter agency working on behalf of fed gov, looking for criticial info or the identiy of the leakers, so they can get ahead of the tide. Secondly, it's not like the feds haven't been caught doing this prior.
                        maybe, but it's premature. this association may seem obvious to you, but it's not to me. if you guys would stick to facts instead of speculation, you'd be much more convincing.

Comment

maybe, but it's premature. this association may seem obvious to you, but it's not to me. if you guys would stick to facts instead of speculation, you'd be much more convincing.
                          The prime suspect is fed gov. No one outside a small select group of people in the Obama admin and state department care what data is on Sharyl Atkisson's computer. Yes, I'd love to give them the benefit of the doubt, but this is par for the course. I hope I'm wrong.
                          Last edited by ; 06-14-2013, 02:04 PM.

Comment

The prime suspect is fed gov. No one outside a small select group of people care in the Obama admin and state department care what data is on Sharyl Atkisson's computer. Yes, I'd love to give them the benefit of the doubt, but this is par for the course. I hope I'm wrong.
                            i believe media folks have plundered other media folks before (and even private cell phones). this is not outside their capability, or at least the capability of folks they can hire. i doubt we'll ever know for sure though (even with the footprints that may have been left behind, it would be extremely difficult to link them with a specific person or organization).

Comment

• this is an interesting read - http://www.vanityfair.com/online/eic...ng-NSA-scandal

Comment

• You think you've got problems ...

Former home secretaries urge Clegg to drop snooper's charter opposition

These last 15 years, it's been a constant battle against these people trying to steal more and more of our individual freedom (bio-identity cards, compulsory DNA databases etc etc). Eventually they will win. They are like cats, they sit and wait and wait and wait, and when our guard is down they swoop. And even if you beat them, they'll just keep coming until you can't fight anymore.

If a British PM has an absolutely majority in Parliament and a strong whip, he basically has the powers of a dictator. He just has to hold his majority to pass any law.

Comment

Working...
                                X