coincidences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coincidences

so earlier today i'm looking for the full quote that Roy Batty makes in Bladerunner at the end (it's "All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain..."). i love that quote. i never knew it was unscripted, but in my googling i found that out - rutger hauer made up the last bit. but on the same web site where i found that fact out, there was a description of Full Metal Jacket and the fact that R. Lee Ermey ad-libbed about half of his dialog (not that i like that guy, but he plays a mean drill sergeant - for good reason). then tonight i'm channel-surfing for background noise while i read up on Model-View-Controller software architectures, and Full Metal Jacket is on Encore. weird.

miller, from Repo Man, had it right:
    "A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example, show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, "plate," or "shrimp," or "plate o' shrimp" out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconsciousness."
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Is nully multi accounting again

R. Lee Ermey actually was a Marine drill sergeant.

Comment

Another coincidence.....I had just downloaded Full Metal Jacket from Xfinity and put it on my Ipad Mini for my son. He watched it Saturday on our trip back from brother's in Reading, PA.

"Holy Jesus. What is that? What the **** is that?"
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
        Another coincidence.....I had just downloaded Full Metal Jacket from Xfinity and put it on my Ipad Mini for my son. He watched it Saturday on our trip back from brother's in Reading, PA.

"Daddy ... what's a reach around?"

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          "It's what your science teacher did to your friend last November."
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

He is 15. He understands that. Now my 10 year old daughter was watching it also. I did not explain alot of what Gunny was talking about.
            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Is nully multi accounting again

R. Lee Ermey actually was a Marine drill sergeant.
              yeah, i knew that, which is why i said "for good reason." on that same website i read that in auditioning for the part, he sent in 150 pages of written down insults. lol. if he wasn't such an NRA nutbag i'd like him more...
              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post

see?! plate of shrimp, man...

Comment

Saturday my wife and I are driving in the country. I tell her about the Sirus comedy station playing the trainwreck of Pat Boone singing Stairway to Heaven. She points to the the left at the one lone building at the intersection...Boone Family Restaurant. We laugh.

This leads to a discussion of music that leads us to my dislike of Van Halen. In the middle of the converstaion a 5 sec.sound bite of Van Halen comes on for a commercial for a radio station. We haven't talked about Van Halen in years.

We laugh and continue the conversation about music which leads to Pink Floyd. The name is hardly out of my mouth, bingo Floyd comes on the radio.

3 times in less than 2 minutes.

Que Twilight Zone music... Have a nice day.

Comment

I was just thinking about a Scarlett Johanson/Sienna Miller three way, and bam, Scarlett called to see what I was doing this weekend....
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                      I was just thinking about a Scarlett Johanson/Sienna Miller three way, and bam, Scarlett called to see what I was doing this weekend....
                      well unless the two of you bump into Sienna on the way to your penthouse I'm not seeing the coincidence yet ...
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                        well unless the two of you bump into Sienna on the way to your penthouse I'm not seeing the coincidence yet ...
                        dude, I was in bed with Sienna when Scarlett called...I guess I left that part out
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                          dude, I was in bed with Sienna when Scarlett called...I guess I left that part out
                          dude, you best hope Steve isn't coincidentally married to Scarlett or he's gonna be pissed.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

also, the band that I'm going to take next in the festival draft was the first band played from my pandora quickmix when I got in the car

Comment

Not so long ago, I was listening to music on my car stereo via my mp3 player. I waited until the song ended, then switched to the radio. The song on the radio? The very same one I was just listening to. I was momentarily confused.
                              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                              X