Official "Peanut Butter" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by umjewman View Post

I think it has to meet certain size requirements to truly be a "tub." I think your standard size peanut butter container would not be a tub, but if you get like a family size, it might pass for a tub.
    As much as I hate to agree with you, I think you are right for once
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I think it has to meet certain size requirements to truly be a "tub." I think your standard size peanut butter container would not be a tub, but if you get like a family size, it might pass for a tub.
      I've always called the 15oz container of I can't believe it's not butter a tub, so I don't think it's size, or material, but maybe shape?

It's not a jar of fake butter.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        Actually, can you call it a jar if it's made out of plastic? A "container" maybe? That seems too generic, though. It's jar-shaped.
        A jar is a rigid, cylindrical or slightly conical container, typically made of glass, ceramic, or plastic, with a wide mouth or opening that can be closed with a lid, screw cap, lug cap, cork stopper, ... Wikipedia

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

A jar is a rigid, cylindrical or slightly conical container, typically made of glass, ceramic, or plastic, with a wide mouth or opening that can be closed with a lid, screw cap, lug cap, cork stopper, ... Wikipedia
          I recognize the dictionary, and apparently Wikipedia, says that, but a plastic "jar" still doesn't feel right to me. It's going against centuries of convention. Plastic can't just come in and pretend to be a jar. Hey, I'm a jar, look at me!
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Back in the day, Brussel sprouts tasted like old shoelaces that had been sitting in the dishwasher.
            Since we have transitioned to naming conventions, I wanted to point out that I like how you rightly corrected my misspelling of leaving an S off of the end of Brussels, but quickly conformed to the very common convention of misspelling it without the S. I told my wife I did that and she was surprised, because usually when I misspell things, it is to add an S, not take one away.

Comment

I recognize the dictionary
              I also recognize the dictionary
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I recognize the dictionary, and apparently Wikipedia, says that, but a plastic "jar" still doesn't feel right to me. It's going against centuries of convention. Plastic can't just come in and pretend to be a jar. Hey, I'm a jar, look at me!
                Yeah, it's not a jar, and clearly not a tub....but wtf is it ?
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

oh so plastic can't be a jar, but yet somehow a door can???

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post

Since we have transitioned to naming conventions, I wanted to point out that I like how you rightly corrected my misspelling of leaving an S off of the end of Brussels, but quickly conformed to the very common convention of misspelling it without the S. I told my wife I did that and she was surprised, because usually when I misspell things, it is to add an S, not take one away.
                    Ha, that's funny, I didn't even realize I did that....
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

As much as I hate to agree with you, I think you are right for once
                      It took many years and many topics, but we finally found agreement on something. Although I think we also agree that you spend too much time in Binghamton. So that's two things. And that the Cyber Ninjas are ridiculous. So three things. Three things we agree on. And also that your new shoelaces are resilient. So those four things. Nothing else though.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post

I've always called the 15oz container of I can't believe it's not butter a tub, so I don't think it's size, or material, but maybe shape?

It's not a jar of fake butter.
                        You should just use real butter - then you won't have to deal with such weighty issues.

Also, having tasted I can't believe it's not butter.....I would have to say that I very much can believe that it's not butter.

Comment

I think it's a tub if you shop at Costco.

Comment

It took many years and many topics, but we finally found agreement on something. Although I think we also agree that you spend too much time in Binghamton. So that's two things. And that the Cyber Ninjas are ridiculous. So three things. Three things we agree on. And also that your new shoelaces are resilient. So those four things. Nothing else though.
                            I agree
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I agree
                              Five things!

Comment

it's an urn

Comment

Working...
                                X