No announcement yet.

Official "Peanut Butter" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you ever tried Brussel sprouts with peanut butter?

Sometimes I think about maybe one day thinking about moving to Florida but who are we kidding? It will never happen. I love New York and doubt I will ever leave but the traffic? I cou…
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post

https://thecookiechrunicles.wordpres...ssels-sprouts/
      Wasn't that a 70's commercial ?

You got Brussels sprouts in my peanut butter ! No you got peanut butter in my Brussels sprouts !
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

When did you ;last try brussell sprouts?

The reason people taste different things is because they have modified them to taste better now.
        the reason I think they taste better is because I've discovered roasting them instead of boiling them.

Could someone modify cilantro so it doesn't taste like fuckin' soap?
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

When did you ;last try brussell sprouts?

The reason people taste different things is because they have modified them to taste better now.
          I've had the newer ones. They aren't bad when sautéed in lots of oil and drowned in blue cheese. I also am not one of those that taste the soap in cilantro, so that isn't on my no go list either. I was just talkin about the metaphorical taste of "orange marmalade" not being to my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post

I've had the newer ones. They aren't bad when sautéed in lots of oil and drowned in blue cheese. I also am not one of those that taste the soap in cilantro, so that isn't on my no go list either. I was just talkin about the metaphorical taste of "orange marmalade" not being to my liking.
            Oh the newer ones are better for sure, no debate there. I had some year old Brussels sprouts last week and they were gross. Didn't need bleu cheese, they were already moldy enough. If you are going the sprout route aim for something newer, no older than a week or two at most, preferably fresher
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Oh the newer ones are better for sure, no debate there. I had some year old Brussels sprouts last week and they were gross. Didn't need bleu cheese, they were already moldy enough. If you are going the sprout route aim for something newer, no older than a week or two at most, preferably fresher
              Lost Dog has some good sprouts--that is the last place I had them. I don't like them enough to make them at home, but maybe I'll give them a try, if for no other reason than to make my kids try them, have them say they are horrible, and I can say "back in my day, we had to eat way worse sprouts."

Comment

I have not
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Have you ever tried peanut butter with Brussel sprouts ?
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Has this morphed into the official brussel sprouts thread? Or are we keeping the brussel sprout talk breezy and more unofficial?

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                      Has this morphed into the official brussel sprouts thread? Or are we keeping the brussel sprout talk breezy and more unofficial?
                      Back in the day, Brussel sprouts tasted like old shoelaces that had been sitting in the dishwasher.
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Back in the day, Brussel sprouts tasted like old shoelaces that had been sitting in the dishwasher.
                        I miss those days....

​​
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I'm working through a jar of Skippy Natural. Mouthfeel is a solid 6 out of 10.

Comment

Actually, can you call it a jar if it's made out of plastic? A "container" maybe? That seems too generic, though. It's jar-shaped.

Comment

Actually, can you call it a jar if it's made out of plastic? A "container" maybe? That seems too generic, though. It's jar-shaped.
                              I think it's a "tub" if it's plastic.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post

I think it's a "tub" if it's plastic.
                                I think it has to meet certain size requirements to truly be a "tub." I think your standard size peanut butter container would not be a tub, but if you get like a family size, it might pass for a tub.

Comment

Working...
                                X