Official "Peanut Butter" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skippy Natural for me.

My morning breakfast consists of two pieces of toast with Skippy and sliced bananas. A cup of black coffee to wash it down. I would say I eat this 4 or 5 times a week.

Comment

chunky skippy for me. Love me a PB&J on toast. Some sort of berry Jelly.

My wife likes Jiff. That shit tastes like it's 50% sawdust.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post

Per Reddit's r/PeanutButter, Jif has "fairly solid consistency and dry mouthfeel". Pretty good description of sawdust, too, if you ask me.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I also thought this comment was great:

"In reference to the regular Jif being oily, please call the 1-800 number listed on the container and let them know! I called yesterday and told them about my regular Jif being too oily and they took down all of the information! Please call! The company doesn’t have any idea of what’s going on if we don’t call!"

Which one of you wrote that? My money is on The Feral Slasher....
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            I also thought this comment was great:

"In reference to the regular Jif being oily, please call the 1-800 number listed on the container and let them know! I called yesterday and told them about my regular Jif being too oily and they took down all of the information! Please call! The company doesn’t have any idea of what’s going on if we don’t call!"

Which one of you wrote that? My money is on The Feral Slasher....
            No comment
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I had a PBJ for lunch today. Skippy was the brand along with grape jelly. I would have to say it was quite delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                I had a PBJ for lunch today. Skippy was the brand along with grape jelly. I would have to say it was quite delicious.
                So I mostly had grape jelly back in the day. Now it makes me a bit squeamish , not sure why. I am thinking strawberry is a good alternative. Also, I hear reports of making PBJ with toast...or even elevating the sandwich by grilling it, like a grilled cheese. If I give it a try I will report back
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

So I mostly had grape jelly back in the day. Now it makes me a bit squeamish , not sure why. I am thinking strawberry is a good alternative. Also, I hear reports of making PBJ with toast...or even elevating the sandwich by grilling it, like a grilled cheese. If I give it a try I will report back
                  Please do. I'll be on the edge of my seat until then.

Comment

but was it exceelent?

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

toast is the only way to go. The peanut butter gets a bit melty. Yumm.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        Peanut butter is one of the great joys of living. Smooth or crunchy, they are all good. I was a Peter Pan guy when I was younger, but I like natural ones now, or if I go for the sugary ones, the Peanut Butter Company is my fav. For those poor souls who have a peanut allergy, other nut butters offer a similar experience. Sunflower butter is good.
                        I think sunflower butter belongs in the "unofficial peanut butter" thread which is yet to be made. Although my son is a big sunflower butter fan and does not like peanut butter (despite not being allergic), I still don't think a peanut butter substitute can be in the "official peanut butter" thread. In the alternative, you can bring this up in the shoelaces/dishwasher thread since those two have morphed into something potentially magical.

Comment

I think sunflower butter belongs in the "unofficial peanut butter" thread which is yet to be made. Although my son is a big sunflower butter fan and does not like peanut butter (despite not being allergic), I still don't think a peanut butter substitute can be in the "official peanut butter" thread. In the alternative, you can bring this up in the shoelaces/dishwasher thread since those two have morphed into something potentially magical.
                          my aunt was bitching back around Christmas about not being allowed to have nuts on planes anymore because of allergies, and how back in her day kids didn't have all these allergies, and I was like "that's because they all died when they were 3 and their parents gave them peanut butter."

She was also griping about all the ADHD and autism kids and how that was all new too... this after she had just talked for 30 minutes about growing up with my dad and saying a whole bunch of people they had known were "a little off" or "a strange kid" or whatever.

Comment

my aunt was bitching back around Christmas about not being allowed to have nuts on planes anymore because of allergies, and how back in her day kids didn't have all these allergies, and I was like "that's because they all died when they were 3 and their parents gave them peanut butter."

She was also griping about all the ADHD and autism kids and how that was all new too... this after she had just talked for 30 minutes about growing up with my dad and saying a whole bunch of people they had known were "a little off" or "a strange kid" or whatever.
                            You should invite her around more often. She sounds like a real hoot. I wonder where she stands on transgenders.

Comment

You should invite her around more often. She sounds like a real hoot. I wonder where she stands on transgenders.
                              Ok, this took a turn, glad it wasn't in the shoelaces thread
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

So I looked in the pantry, it was Jiff crunchy. I need to upgrade apparently
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X