Eclipse 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post

thanks, now I'll have that Blondie song in my head for the next week; goin' out at night, eatin' cars ...
    Fab Five Freddy told me everybody's fly​.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Just another reason to take the day off and try to witness the glorious event. Man the twitter crazies are all over this in every way you can imagine and some you can't. They will be slaughtering a red heifer, aliens will arrive, earthquakes, locusts, cats and dogs living together....Monday is going to be big ! Prepare yourself
      it would be pretty cool to see someone raptured.

Fuckin' rotojunkie is going to become even more liberal as all our conservative friends move on to their just rewards.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Ehhh, not sure there are any conservatives left, at least not posting. Not too many Dems/liberals/leftists posting either. We may need to bump the roto geezer check in thread on Tuesday. I do want a cut of the red heifer for my traeger if anyone knows a guy
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Ehhh, not sure there are any conservatives left, at least not posting. Not too many Dems/liberals/leftists posting either. We may need to bump the roto geezer check in thread on Tuesday. I do want a cut of the red heifer for my traeger if anyone knows a guy
          you can bring some back from Canada, they roam free here & customs doesn't care about that kind of thing
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

you can bring some back from Canada, they roam free here & customs doesn't care about that kind of thing
            Conservatives or red heifer?
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Just wanted to share some ideas on what to wear when going to view the eclipse.

According to Space.com, red and green are complementary colors, meaning they enhance each other's intensity when viewed together. Therefore, wearing red and green clothing during a solar eclipse can help maximize our ability to perceive details and contrasts in low-light conditions.​ Also know as the Purkinje effect.

The phenomenon can’t be captured on cameras since the effect is a result of the way human eyes interpret the light.

s-l1200.jpg

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Just another reason to take the day off and try to witness the glorious event. Man the twitter crazies are all over this in every way you can imagine and some you can't. They will be slaughtering a red heifer, aliens will arrive, earthquakes, locusts, cats and dogs living together....Monday is going to be big ! Prepare yourself
                Ok, they were right about the earthquake part. I am not totally buying in until I see a red heifer or a plague or locusts.
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Ok, they were right about the earthquake part. I am not totally buying in until I see a red heifer or a plague or locusts.
                  I will also accept aliens arriving on earth or cats and dogs living together.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post

Conservatives or red heifer?
                    Porque no los dos
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Just wanted to share some ideas on what to wear when going to view the eclipse.

According to Space.com, red and green are complementary colors, meaning they enhance each other's intensity when viewed together. Therefore, wearing red and green clothing during a solar eclipse can help maximize our ability to perceive details and contrasts in low-light conditions.​ Also know as the Purkinje effect.

The phenomenon can’t be captured on cameras since the effect is a result of the way human eyes interpret the light.

s-l1200.jpg
                      This is good, thank you for your service
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Just curious if anyone else is in the path of totality?
                        Actually I just started this thread so that I could use that phrase.
                        I am and I have tickets to a big event sponsored by Baylor University. They expect more out of town people than a Big XII football game.

Unfortunately, the weather is calling for heavy cloud cover and thunderstorms.
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

OK, I've decided where I'm going to see the eclipse: Jamestown, NY (about 70 miles south of Buffalo). It's pretty much smack-dab in the middle of the path of totality and I saw that they're having "Eclipse parties" at various places, which sounded interesting , fun and inviting. I called a couple places to verify that these were free and open to the general public. Couldnt get thru to the first place (airport) but I did to the community college who confirmed it was free and open and asked me to send an RSVP to confirm I was coming. I tried booking a hotel but after the closest place I could find (21 miles away) quoted a price of $900/night (?!?!), I gave up. So I'll just drive up from Maryland early Monday morning (about 6.5 hours). The weather reports now indicate no clouds at all.

In the last eclipse, I dont recall there being this much hoopla, in particular "eclipse parties". I saw it in a little hamlet called Niota, Tennessee. There were a few hundred people or so gathered in a park-like setting and there was not much traffic delay getting there and it was pretty easy to get a fairly close parking space. Sounds like there'll be more traffic and congestion in this one. I also dont remember there being all the crazy theories and prognostications. It's just a recurring cosmic event that just happens to be happening in my part of the world this time. Has no special significance generally other than it's cool to witness.

Have fun wherever you see it and good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                            OK, I've decided where I'm going to see the eclipse: Jamestown, NY (about 70 miles south of Buffalo). It's pretty much smack-dab in the middle of the path of totality and I saw that they're having "Eclipse parties" at various places, which sounded interesting , fun and inviting. I called a couple places to verify that these were free and open to the general public. Couldnt get thru to the first place (airport) but I did to the community college who confirmed it was free and open and asked me to send an RSVP to confirm I was coming. I tried booking a hotel but after the closest place I could find (21 miles away) quoted a price of $900/night (?!?!), I gave up. So I'll just drive up from Maryland early Monday morning (about 6.5 hours). The weather reports now indicate no clouds at all.

In the last eclipse, I dont recall there being this much hoopla, in particular "eclipse parties". I saw it in a little hamlet called Niota, Tennessee. There were a few hundred people or so gathered in a park-like setting and there was not much traffic delay getting there and it was pretty easy to get a fairly close parking space. Sounds like there'll be more traffic and congestion in this one. I also dont remember there being all the crazy theories and prognostications. It's just a recurring cosmic event that just happens to be happening in my part of the world this time. Has no special significance generally other than it's cool to witness.

Have fun wherever you see it and good luck!
                            Talk about price gouging!

Comment

The just ok Comfort Inn in Bluffton Indiana would cost me 120 with corp discount. Charging 350 for Sunday night if they had any available. Which they don't.

Our factory in Bluffton is supplying glasses and give an extra break for those that want to see the Eclipse.

Comment

I'm an hour north of totality, and debating whether to drive or not (it's south of a small city, and I'm a bit worried that the side of the highway or back roads could be jammed with cars).

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                                X