No announcement yet.

Eclipse 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 8 year-old turned to me afterwards and just says "Well, that was underwhelming." Which made me laugh, because he's 8 and he's talking about being underwhelmed.

Granted, we did not go anywhere special and we only had I think 89% totality in our area, but I felt sufficiently whelmed.

Comment

Sales of eclipse glasses and eclipse T-shirts were overwhelming.
      Last edited by madducks; 04-09-2024, 08:04 PM.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Well that was different. It was pretty cool with all the hoopla & concern about travel to be able to simply experience it in my backyard. We had friends over so we just hung out on the back porch with some drinks & snacks. Altho there were clouds we could still see the sun through them until maybe 5 mins before it was fully covered. I knew it was going to get cooler but the change in temp really was something. And then when it got fully dark it all happened very quickly. Even tho it was like night in terms of darkness there was always light across the horizon.
        I can totally see how without the benefit of our level of knowledge it would have seemed like the gods were kind of pissed off.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Just another reason to take the day off and try to witness the glorious event. Man the twitter crazies are all over this in every way you can imagine and some you can't. They will be slaughtering a red heifer, aliens will arrive, earthquakes, locusts, cats and dogs living together....Monday is going to be big ! Prepare yourself
          You forgot cicadapocalypse.

Billions of cicadas will surface this spring as two different broods — one that appears every 13 years, and another every 17 years — emerge simultaneously.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
            Well that was different. It was pretty cool with all the hoopla & concern about travel to be able to simply experience it in my backyard. We had friends over so we just hung out on the back porch with some drinks & snacks. Altho there were clouds we could still see the sun through them until maybe 5 mins before it was fully covered. I knew it was going to get cooler but the change in temp really was something. And then when it got fully dark it all happened very quickly. Even tho it was like night in terms of darkness there was always light across the horizon.
            I can totally see how without the benefit of our level of knowledge it would have seemed like the gods were kind of pissed off.
            They weren't?
            “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Working...
            X