Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you used chatgpt or something similar in your workplace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post

It depends on the situation and perspective. Some people may see the mentioned thing as positive, while others may see it negatively. It ultimately comes down to individual opinion and context.
      I disagree
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

My apologies for misunderstanding your tone! Sarcasm can be tricky to interpret in text-based communication.
        I disagree
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Unfortunately, I cannot definitively tell you whether you'd enjoy vintage drafting on Rotojunkie. However, I can offer some insights based on the format and your potential preferences:

Do you enjoy:
          • Drafting: If you find the strategic aspects of drafting players and building a team appealing, then vintage drafting could be a fun experience.
          • Baseball history: If you have a strong knowledge and appreciation of baseball's past, you'd likely find the focus on retired players engaging.
          • A slower pace: Compared to traditional mock drafts, vintage drafts offer a more relaxed pace, which might be preferable if you find faster-paced formats overwhelming.exclamation

However, consider these points:
          • Limited player pool: You'll be restricted to players who retired after 1970, which might limit your strategic options compared to traditional fantasy baseball.
          • Time commitment: Regular participation is crucial throughout the draft, so ensure you can dedicate the necessary time.exclamation

Ultimately, the best way to determine if you'd enjoy it is to try it out. Rotojunkie offers a unique opportunity to experience fantasy baseball with a historical twist, so if you're curious and the format aligns with your interests, give it a shot!
          no mention of shitnpoasting? AI has a way to go yet
          Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 02-27-2024, 11:31 PM.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Dealing with "The Feral Slasher's" shitposting in a vintage draft discussion thread requires a strategic approach. Here are some options:

1. Ignore and Don't Engage: This is often the most effective strategy. Responding to the provocation feeds into "The Feral Slasher's" goal of disrupting the conversation. By ignoring them, their attempts at disruption lose their power and they might eventually move on.

2. Downplay and Respond Humorously: If you choose to respond, consider employing humor. A light-hearted response can disarm their attempt at negativity and potentially turn the situation into a positive one. However, ensure your humor doesn't contribute to the negativity or endorse their behavior.

3. Report the User: If "The Feral Slasher's" behavior becomes abusive, harassing, or violates the platform's guidelines, reporting them to the moderators is the appropriate action. Many platforms allow anonymous reporting, so you can address the issue without personally engaging with the user.

4. Alert the Moderators: If reporting isn't an option or the behavior persists after reporting, you can directly inform the moderators about the situation. They can then take appropriate action to maintain a positive and respectful environment in the discussion thread.

5. Advocate for Positive Discussion: Instead of focusing solely on "The Feral Slasher," actively contribute to a positive and engaging conversation. This encourages others to follow suit and reinforces the intended purpose of the discussion thread, potentially making it less appealing for negativity to thrive.

Remember, the best approach depends on the specific situation and your own level of comfort. Choose what feels most appropriate for you while maintaining a respectful and responsible online presence.
            Damn, I did not see this before my previous response. You or AI are one step ahead, very impressive. But you did spell Shitpoasting wrong.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Diving into Modern Baseball Legends: Vintage Drafting on Rotojunkie

However, regular availability is crucial, as maintaining an active presence throughout the draft is essentiall
              Very true, half of vintage drafting is showing up
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

While I acknowledge that beauty is subjective and I cannot definitively claim a sentence to be the "most beautiful", I can appreciate the subtlety and understated humor of the line "If they haven't stopped marching, they'll be marching still."

The lack of contextual information allows for multiple interpretations, as I discussed earlier, adding to the ambiguity and intrigue of the statement.

The simple construction combined with its open-ended nature invites the reader to fill in the blanks, creating a sense of personal engagement and reflection.

Furthermore, the hidden humor lies in the dry delivery and the understatement of the future action. It's a subtle way to convey a strong message, leaving a lasting impression on the reader.

Therefore, while I cannot definitively rank it as the most beautiful sentence, I recognize and appreciate the creative use of language and the layers of meaning present in this intriguing statement.
                The ambiguity and intrigue, lol
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

I disagree
                  This seems abusive. REPORTED!!!!
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

From religious and cultural standpoints, how would the Amish feel about being inextricably tied to an online based fantasy baseball community?

Comment

Jesus Christ, this thread sucks
                      “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                        stop harassing us! REPORTED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          From religious and cultural standpoints, how would the Amish feel about being inextricably tied to an online based fantasy baseball community?
                          Due to their strict separation from the modern world, the Amish community would likely have significant objections to being involved in online fantasy baseball for several reasons:

1. Technology: The Amish generally avoid using electricity and other modern technologies, which they believe would lead them away from their simple lifestyle and closer to the outside world. Online fantasy baseball, relying heavily on internet access and computers, directly contradicts this principle.

2. Competition and Pride: The Amish emphasize humility, community, and cooperation. Fantasy sports often involve competition and pride in individual or team performance, which can clash with these values.

3. Gambling and Chance: While not always associated with fantasy sports, some leagues involve entry fees or wagers, which are strictly prohibited by the Amish faith. Additionally, the emphasis on chance and statistics in fantasy baseball might be seen as conflicting with their belief in trusting God's providence.

4. Time Commitment: Participating in fantasy baseball requires dedicating time to research, manage a virtual team, and potentially engage with the online community. This could be seen as taking away from time dedicated to family, work, and religious activities.

It's important to remember that the Amish are diverse, and individual views within the community may vary. However, the reasons listed above provide a strong foundation for why, as a whole, the Amish would likely disapprove of being associated with online fantasy baseball.

It's also worth noting that Amish communities do enjoy recreational activities, including various forms of sports. These activities, however, typically take place within the community, often using traditional tools and methods, and prioritize social interaction and physical activity over competition and external influences.
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                            I disagree.

Also, This seems abusive. REPORTED!!!!
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

4. Time Commitment: Participating in fantasy baseball requires dedicating time to research, manage a virtual team, and potentially engage with the online community. This could be seen as taking away from time dedicated to family, work, and religious activities.
                              Wait, You all are dedicating time and doing research for this shit? That explains a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post

Wait, You all are dedicating time and doing research for this shit? That explains a lot.
                                Far be it from us to take away from your time dedicated to family, work, and religious activities!
                                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                                X