1 song a week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 5: Dido - Thank You

Apparently, this was one of the 5 CDs my SIL grew up with, so she was a fan. No other feedback received.

Week 6 is going to be Lenny Kravitz - Are you Gonna go My Way
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I started posting them to my work "Fun" Teams channel as well. There are multiple people on my team who have never heard of U2. How fucking old are we!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post

Actually, he also had a top 10 hit with "Superstar" (from the show "Jesus Christ Superstar") in 1972. He's a Broadway performer and those two were from their official soundtracks.
        Interesting, did not know that.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Interesting, did not know that.
          This is Murray Head playing Judas

Warning: Jesus-y

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            Week 5: Dido - Thank You

Apparently, this was one of the 5 CDs my SIL grew up with, so she was a fan. No other feedback received.

Week 6 is going to be Lenny Kravitz - Are you Gonna go My Way
            Hmmm.....I would definitely go with "It Ain't Over Til It's Over" and its amazing 1970s vibe

Comment

Trying to up the energy again, but I will keep that for later. Nice pick

Comment

My niece gave Lenny a 7.5. Was excited when my brother told her that he was whoever he was in the Hunger Games movies as she is a fan and has read the books. She's team Peeta if you were curious.
                She also said she had listened to the Dido song and it was "good"
                My brother is a Lenny Kravitz fan and said it was a good song but he preferred earlier music off of Let Love Rule.

Week 6: The Cure - Just Like Heaven

Got a reply from my niece almost immediately, "This song is really good- I espcially liked the beginning music 10/10. [Nephew] thinks it's really good too" She had a friend over who gave it an 8.5. Bro - Great song, 8/10​

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  My niece gave Lenny a 7.5. Was excited when my brother told her that he was whoever he was in the Hunger Games movies as she is a fan and has read the books. She's team Peeta if you were curious.
                  She also said she had listened to the Dido song and it was "good"
                  My brother is a Lenny Kravitz fan and said it was a good song but he preferred earlier music off of Let Love Rule.

Week 6: The Cure - Just Like Heaven

Got a reply from my niece almost immediately, "This song is really good- I espcially liked the beginning music 10/10. [Nephew] thinks it's really good too" She had a friend over who gave it an 8.5. Bro - Great song, 8/10​
                  So i gave it a listen, i've heard it a lot before, but never knew the name of the song since The Cure was never i band I was into, never really had an opinion. It is a cool tune - 7.75/10, would listen (not sure if anyone would understand this Chef Reactions ref)
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Week 7: Dave Mathews Band - Ants Marching

I thought maybe she would like all the instruments, and she played violin for a while, so maybe that would be of interest. Instead, I got a "Sorry, 5/10. I don't really like country music"

I feel the need to correct her, but it's all subjective I guess.

Comment

Week 8 : B52s - Roam

SIL and Brother said it was a fun song and they miss just happy music. No feedback from Niece

Comment

I was feeling bold, and they had just made me sit through the most confusing child musical I have ever seen.

Week 9: Big Country - In a Big Country.

I think my brother might have skewed the voting as he told them beforehand it was my favorite song.

Bro: 10
                        SIL: 10
                        Nephew: 8
                        Niece: 7

I think 7 is, "that's nice... yawn" score to my niece.
                        They listened to it together in the car on the way back from the aforementioned confusing kid musical. My SIL was singing along in the car and Niece told her to stop, that she sounded like a wailing elephant seal... so maybe my SIL tanked my scores.

Comment

Week 10: Talking Heads - Road to Nowhere

It's obvious my brother and I grew up together.

Bro - 10
                          Niece "8/10 for me - probably gonna put it on my playlist"

I'll take that as a win. My brother was telling me a bunch of Cure stuff has shown up on her playlist as well, in addition to Just Like Heaven. So I'm starting to have an influence!

Comment

My oldest son told me he's starting to listen to a lot of "old music," mainly The Beatles and Boston. I'm gonna feed him a few songs a week, like you, and see what he says. This week I sent him some Southern rock - Skynyrd, the Allmans, .38 Special and Little Feat.

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking about some of that, but if she thinks DMB is country, I don't know what she would think of Skynrd.

My brother has been going back and forth with her, she gets to play him a song (she played him Baba O'Riley?!?) and then he plays her something he thinks she would like.

Comment

Week 11 - The Go-Gos - Vacation.

She already knew this one from the end of Spiderman 2. She said she liked it, which I have come to learn as her being nice but blowing me off.

Comment

Working...
                                X