X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve 2.0
    replied
    Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    So I retire tomorrow. After 35+ years going into a cubicle/office, it's kind of surreal that I won't have to do that anymore.
    Anyone have any recommendations? I'm planning on taking a couple of months to get some perspective before deciding on anything. There's a pretty active volunteer network in my community so will likely invest some time with one or two. We'll see.
    Congrats on the retirement. Just don't rush into anything.

Leave a comment:

• TranaGreg
    replied
    Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Congrats. I've been semi-retired for 3 months, but I'll be going back to work part time in March. It's amazing how much time there is without work, yet how unproductive one can be ! Enjoy !
    not sure what you mean by unproductive, I was able to have breakfast AND lunch today!!! I'm pretty proud of myself.

Leave a comment:

• TranaGreg
    replied
    Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    If you find your way out to Tucson, you got me, Hornsby and DMT waiting to buy you a drink!
    Why did I read this like the opening line to a country song? it kind of falls apart with the second line tho.
    No Arizona this time. But who knows where I'll be next month!

Leave a comment:

• TranaGreg
    replied
    Originally posted by the heat View Post
    Congrats. I'll be joining you in a couple months. I got a small taste taking about 3 weeks off around the holidays & didn't want to go back to work.
    I have the same thoughts, give it a couple months before deciding anything. I do know I'll be exercising more.
    well if you don't have one already, get a dog - just walking her in the morning had made a difference.

Leave a comment:

• the heat
    replied
    Congrats. I'll be joining you in a couple months. I got a small taste taking about 3 weeks off around the holidays & didn't want to go back to work.
    I have the same thoughts, give it a couple months before deciding anything. I do know I'll be exercising more.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    So I retire tomorrow. After 35+ years going into a cubicle/office, it's kind of surreal that I won't have to do that anymore.
    Anyone have any recommendations? I'm planning on taking a couple of months to get some perspective before deciding on anything. There's a pretty active volunteer network in my community so will likely invest some time with one or two. We'll see.
    Congrats. I've been semi-retired for 3 months, but I'll be going back to work part time in March. It's amazing how much time there is without work, yet how unproductive one can be ! Enjoy !

Leave a comment:

• GwynnInTheHall
    replied
    If you find your way out to Tucson, you got me, Hornsby and DMT waiting to buy you a drink!

Leave a comment:

• TranaGreg
    replied
    Originally posted by DMT View Post

Well that explains the crazy weather! ?
    just wait til later this week when we're down there!!!

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    Thanks - yeah, yesterday felt pretty disorienting. For 35+ years my life has revolved around a certain rhythm ; now there's a lot of blank space. I know it's a good thing - great thing - but this will take some getting used to.
    For the immediate future, our son moved to LA last year - we're flying out there Friday.
    Well that explains the crazy weather! ?

Leave a comment:

• TranaGreg
    replied
    Thanks - yeah, yesterday felt pretty disorienting. For 35+ years my life has revolved around a certain rhythm ; now there's a lot of blank space. I know it's a good thing - great thing - but this will take some getting used to.
    For the immediate future, our son moved to LA last year - we're flying out there Friday.

Leave a comment:

• heyelander
    replied
    cripes, we are getting old. I feel like RJ will literally die out.

Congrats mate!

Leave a comment:

• Sour Masher
    replied
    Congrats! I'm still 20 years off myself, but I certainly think about that day from time to time. The freedom must feel great! ITC offers great advice--stay active and have purpose, but focus on activities you want to do and purposes you want to fulfill. That is living the dream!

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    Congrats. I hope you enjoy your new found freedom.

Leave a comment:

• harmon
    replied
    I spend a lot of enjoyable time with OOTP. Pretty easy to get engrossed in it.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    wow, congrats!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X