Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the Corn
    replied
    Congrats! I love that you're looking to give back. One of the things I have seen through my work is the more active people are in retirement the healthy they are. We need purpose. As for volunteering, remember that you get to decide who you give your time in retirement. Don't feel locked into something if you're not enjoying it or the organization doesn't treat you right.

Also, keep involved in your hobbies and don't be afraid to do something new.

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    Congrats! Any travel plans?

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    So I retire tomorrow. After 35+ years going into a cubicle/office, it's kind of surreal that I won't have to do that anymore.
    Anyone have any recommendations? I'm planning on taking a couple of months to get some perspective before deciding on anything. There's a pretty active volunteer network in my community so will likely invest some time with one or two. We'll see.
    join lots and lots of fantasy leagues?

Leave a comment:

• TranaGreg
    started a topic Retirement

Retirement

So I retire tomorrow. After 35+ years going into a cubicle/office, it's kind of surreal that I won't have to do that anymore.
    Anyone have any recommendations? I'm planning on taking a couple of months to get some perspective before deciding on anything. There's a pretty active volunteer network in my community so will likely invest some time with one or two. We'll see.
Working...
X