Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13 points for ElD. Scoreboard updated.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I liked it when the English Beat asked her to stand down.

Comment

Annette Funicello dead at 70. 30 points for Griswold. Scoreboard updated.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
          Annette Funicello dead at 70. 30 points for Griswold. Scoreboard updated.
          WOOT!

Funny story...my buddy (buckeye1) and I are driving to the Indians home opener today and I was telling him about the death pool on RJ.

I read him Erik's roster and said "This SOB has 4 people die already for him and I don't have any!"

So I read him my roster and he says "Yeah, I can't believe none of those folks have died yet."

We park the car, go in to get something to eat. And he looks at his phone and starts laughing....I said, "What?"

And he shows me his CNN update the Annette Funicello died....he says "How's that for karma?"

We high-fived each other!

Nice!

Comment

Comedian Jonathan Winters died today...

doesn't it seem like such a waste of life when someone undrafted dies?
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

RIP Pat Summerall. His broadcasts with Madden were quite entertaining during their peak years.

No one took him this year. TyWebb took him in 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                WOOT!

Funny story...my buddy (buckeye1) and I are driving to the Indians home opener today and I was telling him about the death pool on RJ.

I read him Erik's roster and said "This SOB has 4 people die already for him and I don't have any!"

So I read him my roster and he says "Yeah, I can't believe none of those folks have died yet."

We park the car, go in to get something to eat. And he looks at his phone and starts laughing....I said, "What?"

And he shows me his CNN update the Annette Funicello died....he says "How's that for karma?"

We high-fived each other!

Nice!
                I don't think karma is the correct term......

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  I don't think karma is the correct term......
                  Exactly. Karma would have been the 2 of these stand up guys getting hit by a car and dying for high fiving with joy over someones death. Actually pretty much everyone who does a deal pool roster probably has some good karma coming at em.

Comment

yes, karma will be the term for what comes next

#finaldestination
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
                      Exactly. Karma would have been the 2 of these stand up guys getting hit by a car and dying for high fiving with joy over someones death. Actually pretty much everyone who does a deal pool roster probably has some good karma coming at em.
                      We're in trouble steve...you and I seem to be in the same camp as Roto Rooter on this one.
                      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

And scoring 96 points in the RJ Members Death Pool!

Comment

I don't understand this....seriously.....do you hold the same feeling for people that own stocks, or say, fantasy baseball players that you don't like. My picking Fidel Castro in a deadpool has zero impact on if he actually dies.
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                            I don't understand this....seriously.....do you hold the same feeling for people that own stocks, or say, fantasy baseball players that you don't like. My picking Fidel Castro in a deadpool has zero impact on if he actually dies.
                            Really you don't see the difference in picking sports stars for stats and picking people based on their likely hood of DEATH and then have even the smallest amount of joy when they actually do die. You picking Castro doesn't sentence him to death?? No way! I thought he was a deadman the second you drafted him. Thanks for clearing it up Mr. stand up human being.

The point is it's pretty damn disgusting to "draft" human beings based on different factors leading to their death, then tallying points for the death and patting eachother on the back. If you don't see how it's tasteless, disgusting and bad karma then have fun next time one of your roster folk dies. Throw a party even.

Comment

Throw a party even.
                              When Dick Cheney dies I plan to do just that.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Really you don't see the difference in picking sports stars for stats and picking people based on their likely hood of DEATH and then have even the smallest amount of joy when they actually do die. You picking Castro doesn't sentence him to death?? No way! I thought he was a deadman the second you drafted him. Thanks for clearing it up Mr. stand up human being.

The point is it's pretty damn disgusting to "draft" human beings based on different factors leading to their death, then tallying points for the death and patting eachother on the back. If you don't see how it's tasteless, disgusting and bad karma then have fun next time one of your roster folk dies. Throw a party even.
                                maybe I'm immoral or a sociopath, but no, I don't see a difference. Basically give me a player pool and a scoring mechanism, and I'll draft anything. Are you against shorting stocks as well, you are betting that employees and current shareholders are going to lose money, hell, maybe even go bankrupt, but my short/draft pick has ZERO impact on the actuality of it occurirng. I'd argue that watching and betting on boxing or MMA is worse, as you are actively rooting for people to be beaten senseless or forced to submit, and I'm not against that either as no one is forcing those guys into the ring.
                                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                                X