Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    wild dogs/coyotes of course.
    How do you get rid of the wild dogs/coyotes?

Comment

it's true about mice and peanut butter.
      I had some baby field mice get into the kitchen once.
      we got the little traps with the hood and used a tiny schmear of peanut butter.
      each of the first 8 nights, I woke up and found one little guy trapped (sorry, they were cute to catch - looked like Stuart Little - and the cats liked 'em, but once they're into the pantry - game over).

the 9th night - a TWOFER, as two of 'em exited these surly bonds at once.

and that was it, no more.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

wild dogs/coyotes of course.
        There's a hole in the bucket, dear Liza.

Besides, I would put my money of the cat scaring the coyoyes off.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          How do you get rid of the wild dogs/coyotes?
          I don't know why you would want to continue this line of questioning. It all ends with Seitzer perhaps dieing.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

You could always just name them and make them a part of the family.

Comment

I don't know why you would want to continue this line of questioning. It all ends with Seitzer perhaps dieing.
              You started it!

Comment

Put a lineup and stats of last years Astros in the attic. Should scare them off.
                Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                  Put a lineup and stats of last years Astros in the attic. Should scare them off.
                  I wouldn't talk too poorly about the astros... last year's astros are next year's phillies.

Maybe you could trade your rats to the phillies for a PTBNL and amaro will unthinkingly actually include a prospect on the list.

Comment

apropos:

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

D-con works great. They eat it and then go outside in search of water. When they find water is chokes them. No smell in the house.

Comment

I'm guessing it was squirrels. I found a hole under the roofline along the back porch and closed it a couple of days ago. Hopefully that means I sealed the creatures outside since I haven't heard any scratching the last couple nights.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                          I counted the other day, and 19 of the players currently on our 40-man roster were not in the organization at the end of the 2011 season.Fifteen of them were not in the organization on opening day of 2012.
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                            I counted the other day, and 19 of the players currently on our 40-man roster were not in the organization at the end of the 2011 season.Fifteen of them were not in the organization on opening day of 2012.
                            Mice have short life spans.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                              Mice have short life spans.

J
                              Well done, sir, well done.
                              “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
                              -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

We used an electric mouse trap because we had one smart-guy who kept springing the traditional trap on us. Got him the first night.

Comment

Working...
                                X