Mice in the house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mice in the house?

We heard scratching in the walls last night. I went up in the attic this morning and found round-ish droppings about a quarter inch in diameter laying on the insulation, some fresh and some old. Any advice? Am I correct to assume this is from mice? Should I set traps in the attic? I suppose I need to figure out where they got in, too.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Mouse traps and peanut butter...... Forget cheese! They love peanut butter. Quarter inch in diameter may be bigger than a mouse - Possibly squirrels.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Second the peanut butter, not only do they like it, they can not steal it like they can cheese

Comment

squirrels?
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
          Mouse traps and peanut butter...... Forget cheese! They love peanut butter. Quarter inch in diameter may be bigger than a mouse - Possibly squirrels.
          We got mice one year I was living in Wichita. And yes the terds were much smaller than quarter inch diameter.
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

i had squirrels in my attic...They scratched all night long, it was a nightmare. I paid a lot of $$ to have all the construction gaps sealed around the roof line, but the best way to stop it is to make sure there are no trees that give those damn rodents easy access to the roof.

Comment

I wonder if it is squirrels. I remember thinking at the time that the scratching was awfully loud for mice, but I couldn't imagine how something larger like a raccoon or a possum could fit into the wall (or get into the attic in the first place, for that matter).

Here are pics of the droppings.

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

throw some feral cats up there. that will take care of everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                  i had squirrels in my attic...They scratched all night long, it was a nightmare. I paid a lot of $$ to have all the construction gaps sealed around the roof line, but the best way to stop it is to make sure there are no trees that give those damn rodents easy access to the roof.
                  I had them in my attic a few years ago, too. They destroyed everything. Had to pay a lot of money to seal everything, too.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    That's what I'm talkin' about !
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Hmm...I wonder what nullnor's consulting fee would be for a situation like this.

Comment

armadillos?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                          I wonder if it is squirrels. I remember thinking at the time that the scratching was awfully loud for mice, but I couldn't imagine how something larger like a raccoon or a possum could fit into the wall (or get into the attic in the first place, for that matter).

Here are pics of the droppings.

that is rat sh!t buddy.....you could get some traps, but your concern in the winter is if they've made a breeding nest up there. You don't want to poison them because if they die somewhere you can't see them, it is going to really be nasty.....
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

How do you get rid of the feral cats?

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                              How do you get rid of the feral cats?

J
                              wild dogs/coyotes of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X