No announcement yet.

corporate sponsorships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny how in the U.K./Europe they venerate the stadium names, but will tolerate every since piece of the uniform covered with corporate sponsor logos, while here its the opposite, a corporate named stadium, yawn, mess with the uniforms and you would have a riot.

Comment

Originally posted by Igor View Post
      Funny how in the U.K./Europe they venerate the stadium names, but will tolerate every since piece of the uniform covered with corporate sponsor logos, while here its the opposite, a corporate named stadium, yawn, mess with the uniforms and you would have a riot.
      Europe has always valued architecture more than people.

Comment

I admit that I thought Great American Ballpark was a cool name. Until I found out "Great American" is an insurance company - DOH

Comment

The NBA had the United Center, Continental Arena, and the Delta Center.
          nice, generic-sounding words - and major airlines. I'm sure lots of people didn't even "get it."

I still think JetBlue or Jolly Green Giant would have been ideal sponsors for the new Meadowlands Stadium now named after MetLife

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
          X