Anyone here use Directv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    Hmmm, I can get Cricket and Soccer, but not full NFL games, or baseball at all...I'll pass on that.
    I get it for Red Zone, but drop it the rest of the year,

If they were doing Big XII hoops, it would be different, but it has Big 10.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I loved having Directv. Best picture ever. My only downside was living in the Philly area we do not get Comcast Sportsnet so no Phillies, Flyers, nor Sixers. Also I had to have cable internet because I was right at the distance limit for DSL I could not save money there. So I went back to cable to save a little $$$. Doesn't Time Warner have the same issue in that they do not allow the Padres to be on satellite? Only issue I see for you.

Never realized how advanced just the menu system on Directv was compared to Comcast. Comcast looks like they are still living in the late 90s with that display.
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Right now I have Time Warner, but that's only because DirecTV bundles with Verizon internet which is slow as hell (speedtest.net gave their signal an F-). DirecTV is way better than Dish or cable when it comes to channels, picture quality, and user interface, but like someone else said their on-demand is lacking. My parents have Dish and while it's decent enough, it reminds me more of cable than DirecTV.

Price-wise they're all pretty much the same depending on how you bundle the internet.

Comment

What a mess. I was all signed up (getting me and Bucky the $100 off) and ready to go. I'd asked them if were restrictions on where the dish could go (they said no) and also asked them how big it was (they said very small). Long story short, when they showed up to install, they said they couldn't put it on a tile roof and there really wasn't another good place for it, except on the side of our house, which we weren't wild about. Beyond that, the dish was at least 4 times as big as they'd told me. The installation guy said "This happens at least 2 or 3 times a day -- the people on the phone will tell you anything to get me out here." Needless to say, it didn't work out...

Comment

That's too bad, and I'm not saying that cause I don't get the referral. Sorry to hear it.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
            X