looking for a scientific explanation for the after life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
    i made a stupid thread with no meaning at all. im sorry.
    It is far from stupid. It is far from meaningless.

Please check your pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      It is far from stupid. It is far from meaningless.

Please check your pm.
      Then bury the cat. I just came from the vet where I had to put my 15-year old cat, Bogey down. I let them deal with the body - cremation was another choice. But keeping a dead animal around is problematic at the very least.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        Then bury the cat. I just came from the vet where I had to put my 15-year old cat, Bogey down. I let them deal with the body - cremation was another choice. But keeping a dead animal around is problematic at the very least.
        I agree with this.

I was speaking that it is not stupid nor meaningless to have made this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          I agree with this.

I was speaking that it is not stupid nor meaningless to have made this post.
          Which I agree with.

Comment

Geezus ... bury the cat or you'll find out sooner rather than later what the afterlife is like. Yeesh.

... then spend the next week finding a new companion. If you want a cat, I recommend the Birman breed. Wonderful personalities, intelligent, gorgeous, and require a lot of TLC ... though the kittens can be expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              This is interesting - I lost one of my favorite pets of all time to cancer two years ago - big orange tabby cat....
              Rescued him from the first tee on golf course near San Luis Obispo on a rainy morning- played nine holes while he slept in a carry bag after I fed him a tuna fish sandwich........ Vet said he was approx 12 weeks old, malnourished, fleas and ear mites....Named him BOGEY.
              Bogey ran the show for over 12 years and took no crap from our Labrador or Golden.

Sorry Steve for you and Nuls loss of a valued family pet.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                This is interesting - I lost one of my favorite pets of all time to cancer two years ago - big orange tabby cat....
                Rescued him from the first tee on golf course near San Luis Obispo on a rainy morning- played nine holes while he slept in a carry bag after I fed him a tuna fish sandwich........ Vet said he was approx 12 weeks old, malnourished, fleas and ear mites....Named him BOGEY.
                Bogey ran the show for over 12 years and took no crap from our Labrador or Golden.

Sorry Steve for you and Nuls loss of a valued family pet.
                Thanks, Frank. My Bogey was actually named after Humphrey Bogart. He was my buddy and he will be missed. He was 15.

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                  I lost my dog of 15 years in july. The loss was way greater to me to handle than the loss of my friends and family that have passed over the years. I would not say that to any of my friends or family of course, as they would think me ridiculous, or mentally ill. But I can admit it here, the passing of my dog completely smacked me hard. My wife was shaken more by my reaction, days and weeks after passing I would erupt in uncontrollable sobbing when looking at his picture. We had been married for years and she had never seen me cry, over lost relatives, broken bones, our house being vandalized, etc. But this loss hit harder. I think you have to give yourself room and time to grieve, know you gave your pet the best life possible, but know that after a certain point, wallowing is not productive or healthy. The pet in your shoebox by bed for 3 weeks is very unhealthy.
                  I am so glad that somebody else has admitted that losing their pet has been more difficult than losing friends or family. When my dog died over a year ago I was devastated much like you were. I still really miss the beast. And then I lost our other dog in April and that hurt just as bad. I took time to grieve and now my family has a new pet dog who is bringing so much joy to us. But I still miss my other two dogs very much..more than I miss any human..
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Ummm, free cat?

Had to be said

Comment

oh nullnor, this made me think so much of you, I needed to post it...hope it helps...

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I have to go to Iceland one day ... I just wanna try the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post

freakin' awesome...
                          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                            the question remains, has anyone ever died in front of you?

i wish i could still pet my dead cat but alas, some kind of weird black fluid comes out of her nose and mouth when i do.

So last night on the tv show Hoarders they had a lady on who was an animal hoarder and had over 50 sickly cats in her house living in flith and cat ****. She thought she was helping the cats by giving them a home, but in reality was slowly killing them with the condition of her house. When these cats died she would store their bodies in her fridge and freezer because she couldn't stand to part with them. She had the bodies of over 100 cats in her refrigerator and she even opened the fridge up and started petting one.

Turns out she had some irrational fear of death because of past experiences in her life.

Nullnor bury your cat and seek some professional help. Don't end up like that lady.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              I have to go to Iceland one day ... I just wanna try the water.
                              I'm going to Waterland to try the ice.

Comment

Working...
                              X