Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guidance on my Fantasy Football "career"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guidance on my Fantasy Football "career"?

Fellow RJers,

Many of you have "grown up" with me and my "consistency" concept here.

Therefore, I'd like to ask your opinions about what I should do next with my Fantasy "career".

I've been at this for 10 years, I've been on numerous sites (big and small), have my own little site (that I rarely used), done my own radio shows, been in multiple magazines, etc, etc.

I believe that I have the respect of many of the top experts and Fantasy owners in the Fantasy Football world with my Quality Game Scores and the importance of consistency.

However, RotoExperts just isn't getting me the exposure that I want.

It's not about the money...as you well know....I just want to get the consistency idea in the hands of people and maybe someday, I'll get my app and book sold to make money, but I believe that I have to get people to "buy into" the concept first.

So, what I'm wondering is, who/where should I go next? What about other sites with good exposure? RotoWorld? RotoWire? FBG?

My thought is to go to an all-football site. Or should I just do this solo?

I own the domain name, fantasyfootballconsistency.com and ffconsistency.com.

I'm thinking about building this site and just running it on my own. Maybe from there, one of the big sites will "buy me out"? lol

What's your thoughts?

Thanks everyone!

I appreciate any help that you can give me.

Hey, just my first world problem.

Gris

Definitely don't quit...I'd rather latch on than try another startup

Comment

I think that you've created a pretty unique idea among the FF stats, so keep hacking away at it until something happens. Rotowire is great, I love the guys and their expertise, and it seems like several have gone on to bigger things, yahoo!, etc. Hansen is a blowhard, but pretty good at what he does, but I think that he'd rather buy your idea and bury you. Solo is a tough thing...but it may be the way to go to get one of the big boys to recognize what you've come up with.

No matter what, good luck, and keep posting here...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

I have no idea. I do not play fantasy football. I just wanted to encourage you to keep doing what you love.

Comment

Thanks folks!

Yeah, I have no intention of quitting because it's something I believe in and almost every one who uses it believes in it and has used it to various degrees of success.

I'm just trying to figure out how to get it to the next level of success.

I passed my book along to AJ Mass at ESPN, Mike Beacom at SI and various other "hot shots" in the industry but so far, it's been ignored.

I've had smaller sites want me to write for them....but I don't want to go back to that level.

So, I'm just throw this out there for ideas of sites that you guys like and feel it may be a good fit for me.

Thanks again!

Comment

what about Footballguys or KFFL? I mean, you'd probably just be a columnist who's given a stipend, but as you said, it ain't about the money.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              what about Footballguys or KFFL? I mean, you'd probably just be a columnist who's given a stipend, but as you said, it ain't about the money.
              FBG has a guy that does his own consistency there. He only does it once a year, but I don't want to try and force myself in there.

Same thing with KFFL, I think one of the main guys, David Dorey or someone does consistency there also.

Plus, I want a site that wants to take my online app idea and book and really promote it for me so that we both make money off it.

RotoExperts bulked at it....they're always too busy if their own scatter-brain ideas to have time for me....which is fine...

Thanks for the ideas though.

Comment

why don't you build it out as an app for CBS -- you can do that yourself, and you just pay them a cut of anyone who buys it.

Comment

why don't you build it out as an app for CBS -- you can do that yourself, and you just pay them a cut of anyone who buys it.
                  This sounds like a great idea. It is better than putting it on any app store where it would get lost amist 700,000 apps.
                  Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Yeah, I actually had this planned....until the ******* developer flaked on me right before the deadline to submit it.

So, hopefully, I can find another developer that I can:

A. Trust
                    B. Meet deadlines
                    C. Not rape me with his fees
                    D. Trust
                    E. All the Above!

I'm seriously thinking about going to school to be an app/database developer....just so I don't have to rely on someone else to get my ideas into place.

It's horrible....how pathetic these people are....maybe it's because I live in Canton Ohio. lol

Comment

What about FFToday? They are strictly football and they don't really have anyone that does consistency. It could be a good fit for both of you. They also have online draft tools that they sell and your consistency app could be tied into that or sold as an add-on.
                      "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                      "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                        Yeah, I actually had this planned....until the ******* developer flaked on me right before the deadline to submit it.

So, hopefully, I can find another developer that I can:

A. Trust
                        B. Meet deadlines
                        C. Not rape me with his fees
                        D. Trust
                        E. All the Above!

I'm seriously thinking about going to school to be an app/database developer....just so I don't have to rely on someone else to get my ideas into place.

It's horrible....how pathetic these people are....maybe it's because I live in Canton Ohio. lol
                        I'll get you a list of outsourcing companies that you should be able to trust. But what kind of app are you planning on developing? White label web side? White label mobile? You could always just by the devkit from Apple and teach yourself.

The best way to get your consistency idea in the hands of people is to giveaway for free. Leverage multiple platforms to spread the word. Heck maybe even start a Kickstarter campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                          I'll get you a list of outsourcing companies that you should be able to trust. But what kind of app are you planning on developing? White label web side? White label mobile? You could always just by the devkit from Apple and teach yourself.

The best way to get your consistency idea in the hands of people is to giveaway for free. Leverage multiple platforms to spread the word. Heck maybe even start a Kickstarter campaign.
                          Thanks Jude! What do you mean by white label web vs mobile side?

Right now it's already create as a mobile app....go here to check it out HERE.

I actually have an Apple created app but it never did work right so I took it off the market.

I would think it would take much to fix it....but I have to find someone who I can trust that won't rape me $$$-wise.

I've looked into the Kickstarter idea....might try that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                            What about FFToday? They are strictly football and they don't really have anyone that does consistency. It could be a good fit for both of you. They also have online draft tools that they sell and your consistency app could be tied into that or sold as an add-on.
                            Is that where Doug Orth is at? He seems like a good guy. I beat him in an expert league last year.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                              Thanks Jude! What do you mean by white label web vs mobile side?

Right now it's already create as a mobile app....go here to check it out HERE.

I actually have an Apple created app but it never did work right so I took it off the market.

I would think it would take much to fix it....but I have to find someone who I can trust that won't rape me $$$-wise.

I've looked into the Kickstarter idea....might try that as well.
                              With programmers, it's a sellers market. A **** programmer will cost you $100/hr. You can always go international, but the trust issue comes into play big time.

Originally posted by White Label
                              A product or service, especially common in the in the financial sector, where the provider of the service purchases a fully supported product from another source, then applies its own brand and identity to it, and sells it as its own product. The purchaser assumes the seller is selling its own product.

Comment

Working...
                              X