comics fans and curmudgeons unite!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This article might have some interest here

With Planned Parenthood controversy 'a hot button issue', Vampire Slayer torn over pregnancy

Comment

people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Forwarded to Jen.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Don't know if you comic & curmudgeon fans saw this, but I was always a fan:

"The lead character in Jim Unger's offbeat cartoon panel "Herman" is a rumpled, middle-aged everyman, with a bulging belly and a potato-sized nose, dealing with the frustrations and absurdities of everyday life.

In one panel, Unger's lumpy hero wears an apron and washes the dishes as his wife glowers over his shoulder. The caption says, "It's one small step for a man, one giant leap toward a divorce."

The award-winning British-born cartoonist had a good idea why his widely syndicated cartoon was so popular. "Everybody knows themselves when they see Herman," he once said. "We all think we're so different and we're not."

Unger, 75, died May 29 at his home in Saanich, British Columbia, Canada, said a spokesman for Universal Uclick, the features syndicate that distributes the "Herman" cartoons. The cause of death was not disclosed."

Comment

Are you on a mailing list or something? You seem to have an odd knowledge of people's deaths...

edit: I wrote this like three times and it sounds douchey every way... I'm more puzzled and amused.

Comment

Just got my mom slammed on Francesco Marciuliano's (writer of sally forth) facebook page... I feel special.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  Just got my mom slammed on Francesco Marciuliano's (writer of sally forth) facebook page... I feel special.

https://www.facebook.com/francesco.m..._comment_reply
                  Nice...usually it's Squid's mom who's getting slammed...
                  I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                  You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                  "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                  It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Comment

Comment

~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

Comment

Interplanetary Cessna

What would happen if you tried to fly a normal Earth airplane above different Solar System bodies?

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              Interplanetary Cessna

What would happen if you tried to fly a normal Earth airplane above different Solar System bodies?

http://what-if.xkcd.com/30/
                              HAHAHA :applouse:

Comment

Thought somebody might appreciate this...

My son (age 8) frequently doodles on his math homework, and the other day he had this on it:
                                1) Top of page 1 - crazy looking face (kind of a Darth Maul thing with less tattoos and more hair)
                                2) Bottom of page 1 - same face
                                3) Top of page 2 - same face, in fact the three pictures are unusually similar for his doodles
                                4) Bottom of page 2 - same face, with this note and an arrow pointing to the face: "Does not evolve"
                                Last edited by Controller Jacobs; 03-25-2013, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X